Include skin weigths greyed out for bento rigged mesh?

Rucy Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I have tried to upload an avatar attachment rigged to a bento bone but the 'include skin weight option' is not available in the Upload Model window. I had this problem once before with a non bento rigged attachment and I edited the DAE file in a text editor, added some missing bones and it uploaded OK.

I think this is a similar problem, there are 336 joints listed in the DAE file, but I don't know which bones are needed for bento, and which ones I can leave out.

Also are there any other reasons why the Include Skin Weights options would be greyed out? Any advice would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

The maximum number of joints or bones any single mesh can be rigged to is 110.
If your mesh is rigged to more than 110 bone the Skin Weights option in the upload window will be locked or grayed out.
A single DAE file can have multiple mesh in it but each mesh can only be rigged to a maximum 110 bones though the total number of bones in the DAE can be greater than 110.
There are 159 bones total in the Bento skeleton.
It used to be you had to have all the original mBones in the DAE file even if not all of them had weight on them.
Now with Bento you can rig to as few a bones as you like.
Meaning if you just want to rig to 1 bone you can say for a hat or ring.

I hope that helps. :)
Cathy

• Like 2

One more thing if you happen to know it, why is it in the Maya skeleton the spine is all folded up? Having trouble figuring out the proper orientation for it so that including the joint positions for a tail to be affected by the body type sliders won't wind up mucking up how stretched the avatar's middle is.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.