I am having issues understanding how to upload clothing.

ResonantBlackBlood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read a lot of articles on SL website, but I am still having issues understanding it. I know I can download things into my SL inventory by paying 10L$, but I have read that I need a .dea file to do so. I am sorry but I am very confused I didn't have issues downloading anything and I didn't use a .dea file.  

Also I need to know if I can convert my GIMP meshes into a Blender file and how? 

Thank you for taking your time to help me this forum comes in handy.  :matte-motes-smitten:

Old clothing (system layer): Are textures, made in any 2D paint type application, Photoshop, PSP, GIMP etc.

These are just flat textures which are uploaded and applied to the avatar model via the Edit Appearance option and set as a texture, then saved as a clothing item.

Mesh clothing: These are models, created in 3D creation tools such as Maya, Blender, etc. and are uploaded via the Mesh upload dialog in the SL viewer, the upload file format being Collada (.DAE).  These models have a separate texture(s) applied which is then similar to the old way, where a flat texture is uploaded and applied to the model.  This last part is effectively what old system layer clothing is, it's that part of the process, the avatar being the 3D model provided by LL.

You cannot take a flat 2D texture and turn it into mesh clothing.  There is no way to take a .TGA to .DAE, the two processes are different parts of the creation process.

• Like 1

That's what I thought that's why I am learning how to use Blender. I am wondering if there are any *free Blender Female Mesh model's I can use for making cloths because that's all I am lacking when using Blender. I found Avastar but it costs money, that I don't have, also it might just be my slow mind but I can only find a Male mesh Model for Blender no Female mesh.

There's too many websites with too much info for my mind to take in. I'm like EEK! the web is taking over my computer and my mind! It will simulate us all with its servers. LOL JK. :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:  

Hi :)

ResonantBlackBlood wrote:

...........I am wondering if there are any *free Blender Female Mesh model's I can use for making cloths because that's all I am lacking when using Blender. I found Avastar but it costs money, ...........

You were so close to finding what you were searching for when you were at the  Avastar/Machinimatrix website.

Check out Avatar Workbench (free) here :  http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/

and read everything on that page :)

Hello to you :)

Thank you very much, ha I knew I didn't get all I needed from that blog. LOL 

Aquila Kytori wrote:

Hi
:)
ResonantBlackBlood wrote:

...........I am wondering if there are any *free Blender Female Mesh model's I can use for making cloths because that's all I am lacking when using Blender. I found Avastar but it costs money, ...........

You were so close to finding what you were searching for when you were at the  Avastar/Machinimatrix website.

Check out
(free) here : 

and read everything on that page
:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.