How do you upload a custom rigged-weighted model?

Rage Riptide

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if you have already been to this site but there is some valuable information on rigging in blender.

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/3d-creation/blender-meshes-trail/rigg-your-avatar/

I do most of my work in Maya so I am not sure of the state of the moment but from what I understand if you are exporting rigged mesh you have to use 2.49b at the moment until the collada exporter in 2.58 is supported by SL.

It sounds like you are not including all the bones in the upload. I am not sure if this has been fixed as of yet. If you open your collada file and make sure it has all 26 bones in it, if it doesn't afaik you have to have them all included for the upload to work. Sorry I can't be of more Blender help.

Thanks for the input Team. Just as I made this post, the lovely  Ashasekayi Ra unveiled another Blender avatar guide in this forum.  Av create Guide is here

However, on checking the vids, I see this one on the U toob side-bar U toob av guide which is only a couple of steps, cleary simple and did work first shot.

I just was trying to jump through too many hoops and missed one as well. It's easy when you know how. That test complete, we can now move on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.