How do SLUV a new topology mesh model?

KokaiNe666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I ask for help from everyone - who makes the characters.
I created a new mesh object. For example the head.
I do this in Zbrush and apply a new (good) topology. (with keep poligroups from UV)
I take a sample of the head of the Avastar and Zbrush save polygroup according to UV. And now I want to do UV for it to be compatible SLUV Head. I have a blender and UVlayout and Madbox and athers.

How can I do it?

Not my area but the photos I have seen have a seam marked up the back of the skull to the front hairline and then the rest of the mesh is sort of flattened out. I am guessing there is info on this on the web. It would be the same I am thinking for various platforms. Google is your friend.

I typed in "uv seams mesh head" and then looked at IMAGES and could see a lot of ways people have mapped -- some like I describe.

Good luck.

There is no easy way to do this. Export the UV layout of the standard head, use it as reference image, and unwrap your head manually to match it.

Also take note that even if you manage to do this, it will be pretty much useless because of few reasons. First, the skin products on SL wont be compatible with this head anyway. SL skins only work with system heads and bodies. The creators that make mesh body parts on SL are forced to paint their own skin textures.

The second, Second Life cannot import shape keys/morph animations. So animating the head will be a tremendous task, especially for new creator, as it requires lots of programming and complex, cumbersome workarounds. Like, exporting the copy of your head for each facial expressions, then writing a script to switch their visibility on demand.

So you're far from "new" creator, sorry for assuming things. Maybe I have one more suggestion though. What if you edit head topology in Blender, instead of recreating it from scratch? Most polygon editing tools, like knife,  subdivide or dissolve edges, preserve UV layout when used. And the original head's topology isnt that terrible honestly, you'll just have to dissolve diagonal edges in case it was triangulated on import

https://gyazo.com/bb27c1ed0ad00e2ce0a889a38287a54e

Then you could put it into Zbrush with UVs intact and sculpt .

this is how you can do it. it is not that difficult at all.

take the ruth head into Zbrush. get rid of all the junk inside the head like the teeth and eyeballs.

sub divide it one time, then delete the lower sub division level.

you now have a ruth head with enough polygons to do what you like and the UVs are intact.

sculpt it if you like or since it seems you have already scultped a head, use "project all" in the subtool pallette to project the details of your sculpted head to the ruth head. project all, then smooth, then project again. keep repeating until the ruth head looks exactly like the sculpted head and you're done. a mesh head with SLUVs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.