Help with Texture

Ladedada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello i thought id try and make a club shirt so i bought a couple full perm mesh models with the UV templates and everything I have the shirt textured the way i want it but i want to add my club name to the shirt. I have the name on a transparent texture. I want the name\either on the front or back of the shirt. this is where im stuck i dont know how to add the name to the shirt texture and center it properly. I'm pretty sure im overlooking somethnig or more less do not know what the heck im doing. Ive watched several tutorials and they all seem easy enough but im not getting it. Any help would be appreciated

Take your logo and PASTE it on a new layer above your shirt graphic (UV or Ambient map texture)  in your graphics program.

From there you will need to resize the logo to fit on the area of either the front of the shirt or the back of the shirt (these should be fairly obvious on your UV or Ambient map - hopefully) . Move the logo around by hand until it is in the middle of the shirt width (back or front) and at the level you want it.

Save the graphic but NOT as a transparent file (more bandwidth and other problems).  Then upload and put onto your shirt.  Best to either do this on the beta grid where uploads are free (free money given there) OR use the "local" choice in the texture window of the viewer to view your finished shirt.

Note that you may have issues with your logo. If it is large it may not resize well. It could break up greatly.   So even if you do all the steps correctly, it might not work as you would like it to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.