Help with Long Skirt Weight Painting - Blender ?

Ariannatheprincess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im having some diffuclty with weight painting this long skirt i am creating. I keep on getting these 'cuts' in the meshwhen I move the leg bones. It shows when my avatar walks. My friend said "why not just turn off your legs" (maitryea body) but I cant, cos my finished piece is going to be see-through. So this needs fixed, I cant think of what I'm doing wrong, I have used 3 different meshes for the skirt and all are doing this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately there is no easy fix to this issue. Skirts, especially long ones are a nightmare on their best day. The best you can do is add more edge loops right in the center, and meticulously, slowly and methodically work on fixing the weight paints to a smoother finish. It won't be perfect, especially if it is tight at all. Your best option is to loosen the skirt a bit. There are kits out there with weights for skirts, look up medhue's kits, if you simply don't have the time, or patience to go through the pain of working on the weights.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.