Help uploading full permission

Trevor Joseppe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey so I think I have a general idea of what I need. I have the uv map and the ambient occlusion map and I also have the .dae file. I'm uploading picture frames so is this all I need? Are there any tutorials still relevant that might guide me on uploading stuff full perm? I tried searching google but can't find anything recent or helpful.

Also what's everyone's opinion on good things to make to sell?

Also I'm using blender, I have zbrush and marvelous designer as well under trials.

Uploading things full perm is just the same as uploading anything else. While permissions can be set in the viewer before upload, they can also be changed afterwards, so your final permissions are not an important part of the upload process.

You need to set (or make your own) LODs for upload. For a picture frame it will likely not matter :D. BUT you do want to make sure that someone can see your picture frame when using LOD 2 or 1.25 or whatever you decide is the level you are "building for".

I suggest uploading your item using several different settings in the upload panel. Again, custom LODs are considered better, but small steps at first.  TEST TEST TEST to notice what the differences are. Change your LOD settings (Firestorm has an easy method in the Quick Preferences Panel if you use FS) and not how things fall apart if your LODs are not good.

A very old but still relevant is a vide called "Kettle Quest". Look that up and learn about LOD making and settings.

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/optimizing-meshes/

Just so you know, there are tons of picture frames out there to buy full perm, but a picture frame IS a good beginner project. Likely most of us made those when starting out.

One of the best things you can do is to go through this forum and read the posts. Even if you don't understand what they are saying always, it will give you a background of sorts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.