Hair Troubles in Blender

Interregnums

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

Interregnums wrote:

Hi guys. 

I am following a tute on YT. 
I need some help here. in the beginning when he's making the pane extend and have new pieces. How is he doing that?

Video : 

Thank you

He is adding the new edges by holding down the Ctrl key, then placing the mouse cursor where he wants the next edge to be , then hitting the Left Mouse Button to validate.

The new edges are snapping to the surface of the Mesh head object each time. To get it to do that look carefully at which options have been enabled in the header at the bottom of the 3D window. ( Snap to Face and Project individual elements on the surface of other objects. )

The Hair mesh has to be a new mesh object so add that first Plane in Object mode. Then Tab into Edit mode to create the rest of the hair.

So! It worked. and I am so so thankful you were able to explain that to me. I was so lost and am horrible with jargon!

I do now just need to know... How do I join things at the end? For example, I tested the method out on some nickers I'm making. > https://gyazo.com/911fa1e2fe42683014cf90423c3ecf46

I just want to put two verts from each part, and join them so they're one solid peice. I know ther eis the 'join' method for separate objects. But how do I do this within the same object?

Cheers!

To join two vertices together you can use the merge tool.

1:    select vertex A then Shift select vertice B

2:   from the Tools panel find the Merge tool menu and open that.

3:   then choose the At Last option.

Note: Which of the merge options you choose depends where you want the two (or more) vetices) to be joined.

Or you could join the two parts together by adding a new face (quad)

1:  select all four vertices ( A, B, C, and D)

2: then hit the F key. This will create a new face which will join the two parts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.