HELP! Doorways in Blender3D

PauliePatruccii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so, I have been creating mesh objects for the past few years and I am self taught with tutrorials. I havent ran into to many problems and mot of the time fellow blender users have been able to help but NOBODY seems to graps this concept.

I want to build a building BUT I've been having issues with the doorways. How can I make the doorway passable while still maintaining the solidity of the surounding wall? Everytime I try I end up with an object that is either 100% passable or 100% solid. I have found NO in between.

Any links to tutorials or explainations for this would be appreciated. 

Thank so much! 

Maddox Massacre (pauliepatrucci resident)

Just wanted to add that it is REALLY important that you learn this if you are going to make houses. Unfortunately there are quite a few great designers out there that simply skip the whole physics thing and just put in invisible cubes which ups the LI and really makes the house look bad when you click on it.

So read. Try and if you have questions them post back here (with pictures) and someone will help you.

Basically -- make a SUPER SIMPLE phsyics model for you house (lots of photos of that I suspect; I use cubes).

Upload that physice dae file as your PHYSICS model in the physics window (upload from file choice).

Choose Analyze and you will see your model wrap around your house (hopefully -- if it looks wrong in the upload window then you did something incorrectly :D. Backtrack and try again.)

When you get your house into world, choose PRIM in the Features tab on a dropdown menu (sorry not in the viewer right now).  THEN you should be able to walk through your doors and into the corners of your building.

BE SURE AND TEST.

The beta grid is your friend.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.