Flying with edited MESH! Upload parameters?!?

Nya Littlepaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone who does this on a daily basis or at least often, tell me where I am going wrong while uploading a mesh object - an avatar attachment - fully rigged to feet.

When attached, the joints work fine and it appears rigged, however when I right click it while worn, it bounces the avatar into the sky by at least double the height, and stays there while the said mesh object is in edit mode. Avatar returns to ground when the edit box is closed.

I should also mention that anything affecting this object (for example, texture change script) makes the whole avatar blink and momentarily fly up and return as well.

When uploading I tick "include skin weight" and "include joint positions".

Tips? Faults? Thank you!

You may not actually be doing anything wrong.

There's a bug which started with the attachment fixes in the 3.7.25 which causes an avatar wearing joint rigged mesh to shoot up in the air, or off to the side or even totally underground when you edit at attachment on the avatar or take off an attachment.

This video shows it happening.

See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8616

There's actually 2 seperate bugs lumped into that one JIRA report - for your problem, see "Steps To Reproduce - Part 2" and the comment section.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im not sure if this is related but Ive noticed lately that shoes Ive had for some time bounce me up or down by as much as a few inches to sometimes a couple of feet. and I have to adjust my hover. then when I take them off I am too low or too high again. And this is mesh Ive owned which worked fine before the last 2-3 updates of the SL viewer. so it surely cant be just you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.