EXPORTING - My Own Shape That I Made.

Ellone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EXPORTING - My Own Shape That I Made. 

How do I export my current mesh from Second life (which viewer should I use) I know I have to go to Morph & mesh but it only exports the OBJ. to the desktop as the orignal SL avi shape. I made a new shape and edited each setting to perfection now all i need to know is how do I get my personalized shape onto my desktop as a OBJ.

I.M me :Ellone Resident if you have any ideas or if you know the answer.

I am a BlenderArtist so i know the rest from that stage.

i just neet to know that little exporting secret so I don't export this ugly retarded thing I began with. - Current shape 

is still exporting as the ugly girl in Phoenix Viewer ? HELP HELP HELP!

I've doen this and placed it into a new shape blender does not take in the adjustments sorry - and ive tried the current shape export - this in phoenix doesnt do anything but export a female short stumpy and ugly un adjusted shape into blender :( 

the quality is perfect but not the shape of it at all. lol

this is still not solved. is there away of getting it off with 3rd party?

There is a seller on marketplace that claims to be able to convert form the saved xml file to blender. I bought this product and do not recommend it. I have been told their is an update and I am waiting for the seller to get back to me on this. As of right no there is no direct way to take your avatar shape into any design program. At least not that I am aware of. If this update works out I will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ellone wrote

this is still not solved. is there away of getting it off with 3rd party?

In Phoenix:

Advanced-->Character-->Meshes and Morphs

headMesh-->headMesh-->currentMesh-->save OBJ

The exported (shape applied) file is in the Phoenix install directory-->Character folder, and will be named avatar_head.llm_current.obj

In Blender.. starting with a new blend:

File-->Import-->Wavefront(OBJ)

blender_import.jpg

The head will appear on it's side.. don't adjust it's position or rotation, just minimize Blender.

Go back to SL and export the upper body the same way, and import it into the same blend as the head.

It'll show up aligned to the head. Repeat process for all the body parts you want to include in your model.

blender_import2.jpg

Once all are imported into Blender, shift-select them all in object mode and group them. The only parts I'm aware of that wont import aligned already is the eye meshes, so those you'll have to move into position yourself. As you can see, that is not the ruth AV shape, nor is it deformed in any way. From this point there's a thousand things one can do. I personally skinned each part, joined the individual parts, stitched the seams together in edit mode, exported the joined object as an obj, and imported it into photoshop cs4 extended to use as a shape mannequin.

Specifics: Phoenix 818 / Blender 2.49b

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MagicJ Slade wrote:

Sorry to jump on board at the end....is there any reason I don't see the MESHES AND MORPHS option?

Meshes and Morphs is available in: Phoenix Viewer 1.5.2 (1185)

Meshes and Morphs is not available in Phoenix Viewer 1.6.0 (1600). At least I could not find it there.

Neither in any of the Firestorm versions.

• 3 months later...

Arin Ishtari wrote:

Can you also export items you build to an obj file?

Do you mean can you export a prim build from SL to the .obj format? If so, try the inworld product MeshStudio. You can find it on the marketplace. It can export your prim build as a .dae file that you can take into your external modeler.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.