Dissapearing Mesh - Avastar???

VulpesVulpes666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys ,i've made this shirt with hoodie and i have some issues with fitted mesh:

Untitled-1.jpg

as you can see i have used the fake mesh trick to cover backfaces,so it doesn't appear transparent:

Untitled-2.jpg

this is how it looks like when it is not yet binded to Avastar armature,and unweighted,but when i bind mesh to Avastar IT REMOVES that fake part that covers backfaces as you can see it on the next picture with backface culling on:

Untitled-3.jpg

any ideas what i've been missing ?suggestions are most welcome.Thank you

The bind process does never change the topology of a mesh. Actually the binding normally does not change the mesh at all unless you have enabled the option "Alter to Rest Pose" which does not make any sense in your particular case because your mesh IS already in Rest Pose.

It is possible that Avastar unintentionally changes some display settings (then you actually have found a bug). If you can not figure out what happens, then you can always send us a report to our ticket system. We will take a look at your mesh and find the reason why this happens.

I somehow manage to bind the mesh to Avastar without losing the parts.but only to classic bones,when i try to make it fitted mesh part of the object dissapears,and also i tried previous versions of Avastar it also failed,I think it has to do something with how collision volumes respond with binding transfer between classic and fitted bones(colision volumes).The problem is that i can't use sliders at all,it comes to fatal deformations of the mesh itself when i use sliders.I don't want to put the blame on Avastar,maybe it is some bug in Blender or the mesh is somehow screwed,although i tested the mesh completelly on double vertices and such.I don't know Gaya i could send you blend file to see if there is a bug,you are the pro after all.Thanks for reponse.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.