Crash on load

Coventina Dalgleish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do not know what has changed but since the latest updates when I load a mesh file the system crashes to the desktop.

Mesh has always been a little quirky for me sometimes works sometimes either crashes or hangs at the upload after calculation

but recently I do not even get the chance to calculate. Striping the program from the computer helps sometimes allowing a single upload before a crash. The strip includes everything including the registry. Running registry mechanic sometimes allows another single load indicating that the code does something to the registry after a successful process. This happens in all 3 of the major viewers LL, Firestorm, and Phoenix also indicating the problem exists in the base code of the LL system.

Nothing has changed on my system ping times are OK and no packet loss.

This condition makes creation very frustrating to say the least. There are plenty of irritations in real life it is too bad when something that is supposed to be a past time and pleasurable becomes annoying.

My Initial guess would be the SLM files wreaking havoc on your uploads like they do to many.

If you havent already done so. In your SL viewer. Goto Debug settings console and type meshimportUseSLM in the search box and set it to false and delete and SLM files that are in the same folder of your FILE you are trying to load and then try your upload

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.