Changing object creator for full-perm clothing item - "Worn on hand"

Yeli Kiergarten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm new to creation, and after a few default tees I decided to buy a full perm top mesh (with all permissions okay for re-selling, etc). After working on the textures, I uploaded one, applied... and got as far as adding a prim inside the tshirt so the name would change to mine. It did. Now, here's the problem: By adding a prim inside the tshirt, the tshirt now says "Worn on right hand", and show the tiny prim in the palm of my avatar.

I know (thanks to this post) that I can change the attachment in my avatar... but is there a way to either "hide" the root prim completely, so the tshirt acts a regular tshirt, or to change the attachment point from the game itself?

Thanks in advance!!

Not my knowledge area but I do know that most rigged clothing is no modify so people can't check the name of the creator that way. There are also scripts that you can add so that rigged clothing cannot be rezzed (I have seen that somewhere here on the forums so a search might turn it up). That way there would be no way to tell who made the original mesh.

You could put your shop name in the description of the garment.

How about just making it transparent, just that prim cube you added yourself. Attach the clothing to any point you see fit before doing that. Position the prim at the location least visible, make it as small as possible and then make it transparent.You need to do that in Edit Linked and select just your own added prim.

So, you have a rigged mesh garment linked to a tiny prim. All you have to do is attach the combined prim + mesh linkset wherever you like.  The mesh part is rigged, and will fit the same no matter where you attach it. But the prim part will go where you put it, and once there, can be edited like any other worn prim. You can change its size, position, or texture.

So, since it is a shirt, I would attach it to the left or right pec, then edit link parts while wearing, move the prim part to inside of the avatar torso. And then give it a transparent texture, just for good measure.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.