Carrara Pro 8.5 on a Mac 10 El Capitan

Char Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all! Does anyone use Carrara Pro 8.5 on MacOS El Capitan? How is it doing for you? Any crash? I currently have ZBrush 4, Sculptris, Daz3D, Hexagon 2.5, AC3D, Maya, Marvelous Designer and Blender 2.77 and I'm thinking to purchase Carrara but I'm not sure about its development whether or not it will still do it good while MacOS is being upgraded. You see I have a few 3D softwares already, I'm a curious cat LOL and most of the time I use Blender and Zbrush

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I saw your post and opened up my copy of Carrara Pro 8.5. It seems to run great in El Capitan. I used to use it all the time until I went back to school to get a degree in 3D animation, and we used Maya as our main 3D tool.

Off and on, over the years, for freeance static 3D images, I've used some version of Carrara since it was called Ray Dream Designer 1.0.

I love Carrara. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2016 at 1:02 AM, MimiSoleil Firelight said:

Hi

I saw your post and opened up my copy of Carrara Pro 8.5. It seems to run great in El Capitan. I used to use it all the time until I went back to school to get a degree in 3D animation, and we used Maya as our main 3D tool.

Off and on, over the years, for freeance static 3D images, I've used some version of Carrara since it was called Ray Dream Designer 1.0.

I love Carrara. Good luck!

hiya thanks for the reply! I didn't notice there's a reply. 

Well, I didn't purchase Carrara. I decided to go with Maya LT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.