Can I get some help on small custom mesh avatars

kratox1488322024

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying to rig my custom made mesh for sl but I I can't figuire out what im doing wrong. The mesh is supposed to be half the size of the default skeleton but when I import it into second life it distorts it horbbly like its melting. I did not scale any bones I simply moved and aligned them to the parts on the mesh body. I figuired that it might be slightly distorted until I add on a shape to it but I don't know how to do that and ontop of that I know for a fact that something im doing is wrong. I have been trying to get this to work for like 2 days now. All the tutoirals I looked at only apply for normal size meshes not ones that are of different sizes, so because of that I do not know what im supposed to be doing to make the mesh look proper.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, small avatars in SL should be made of two components. First, visual mesh (on import, check only Skin Weights) and second - the deformer (a dummy mesh hidden inside the body, weighted to one of the resized skeleton's bones, on import select both Skin Weights and Joint Positions). For some reason, joint positions never work correctly on the visual mesh. 

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.