Bone lists and Bento?

HarrisonMcKenzie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't follow Bento very closely, since I haven't been working on anything that uses it. However, now that it's out, are we going to have to change the way we upload?

I work in 3ds Max, so I need to go into the DAE file and add the complete bone list in order to upload an rigged mesh. I'm assuming that process is still going to be the same. Does anyone have an updated bone list? I have very little luck with the wiki, and with 90 new bones, I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks.

you can use any subset of the bones. So for example when you create a pair of shoes, you only need to upload with the foot and ankle bones.

Special note for Avastar-2 users: By default the tool automatically detects which bones it has to export.

Bento isn't exactly released yet. Testing has moved to the main grid.

The skeleton is pretty much set and unlikely to change. But, it may. It depends on what a wider user base decides and the feedback they provide.

You can catchup on Bento developments on mine (link below) and Inara Pey's blog. I have a number of videos where Cathy Foil, Mayastar maker, is talking about Bento tech. See the 'after meeting' videos. Gaia, AvaStar maker, is already commenting in this thread.

Thanks. The article I read made it sound like it was released. But that's awesome if we don't need to add the bone lists anymore. Adding an entire text document to each and every rigged file sounds like it would be a massive pain, and one I was hoping to avoid when I rig something this weekend.

Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.