Blender Problems I need help please

LegendaryRudeboy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there I need a little help I have been experimenting with blender making mesh stuff and its going really well only problem I am having is when I upload my model to second life its showing up just as the model and not how it looks when i render it. I don't get where I'm going wrong I have been rattling my brain trying to work it out if someone could shine some light on this I would be very grateful thank you. Basiclly I want my rendered stuff to appear in second life as they appear in the render.

you have to be at the creation section of these forums, there you have a bigger chance to find one who wants to help you.

My first advice would be do a full course/tutorial for blender, it sound to me you don't know how to work with it yet, forums are helpfull with problems, but can't offer full courses in how to build. Start with easy things and don't expect to be a prof builder at once.

Hello! I'm still new to Blender as well, so I don't know of how much help I can be. 

You should make your meshes in Cycles Render. Make sure that you have it exactly how you want it to look. 
If you want an easy way to add textures when you have your model uploaded in SL, you should make separate materials in Blender. Once you have your materials, click on the faces, or select the parts of the mesh you would want your texture to be on, then click "assign" in the materials section (to whichever material you want to add). That will make a face. In SL your mesh can have up to 8 faces. Once in SL, upload and place your mesh, upload your textures. Then after that, edit your mesh by dragging the textures onto whichever part of the mesh you want it on. 

Alwin Alcott wrote:

you have to be at the creation section of these forums, there you have a bigger chance to find one who wants to help you.

I always thought this Forum was the Creation section... Am i wrong?

Here is a small collection of videos that might help to get your models textured:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/blender/start-here/

You probably can step right into the "Materials & Textures" Video:

And just to keep you from falling into the Upload pitfall: Here is an article about  uploading your mesh and textures to SL:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/reference/first-steps/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the chapter Import your Character to SL

There are TONS of good video tutorials on Blender. The problem that I found when starting and you may have come up against is that many of those tutorials are not for OUR purposes at all. Blender is a huge program and can be used for MANY things, not just uploading assets into a game.

There are specific things you need to do in order to get your model in world with textures that can be applied. Mapping is a big one. Baking textures?  If neither of those terms ring a bell, then .....

I have a big list of tips and tutorials here. Since it is difficult to tell just where you are on the learning curve, I would sift though the actual Blender TUTORIAL list rather than the tips which are about specific things and can get fairly complex.  

Hope they are of some help.

THESE ARE WRITTEN TUTORIALS, not videos.

https://plus.google.com/100190052320604204973/posts/XD1KKUNKLAK

SL is a real-time dynamic rendering system. It has to render everything in a scene many times per second. In contrast, Blender can spend minutes rendering each object. This limitation of SL means that it cannot get anywhere near the quality that you can achieve with either rendering engine in Blender. It can't do ray tracing. It can't do proper reflection or refraction. So your model will never look as good in SL as it can in Blender.

To get as near as possible to the rendered object in Blender, you can use baked textures that include some of the available lighting and material effects. The problem there is that they can conflict with the dynamic lighting in Blender. Ulness use of baked effects is restrained, this can lead to undesirable effects. It is best used with fixed local lighting an static object positions.

Given your description of what you are doing now, it may be that you could get the best return for your efforts by becoming familiar with the peculiarities of SL normal and specular maps (in case you are not already). It takes a lot of experimentation, but these can provide substantial improvements in rendered appeareance, provided you are using advanced lighting. Using local textures means you can experiment without upload costs, even on the main grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.