Blender Materials to Second Life Faces

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel like you forgot to point out you were using the "Selected Face" Option in the edit menu. People might miss that part if they aren't following your mouse..
"I can change all the faces like this, Then I can change a single face like that" Kinda skipped the explanation there

MIstahMoose wrote:

I feel like you forgot to point out you were using the "Selected Face" Option in the edit menu. People might miss that part if they aren't following your mouse..

"I can change all the faces like this, Then I can change a single face like that" Kinda skipped the explanation there

Yeah, I think I went thru the steps again at the very end, stressing the Select Face option, trying to make sure I was clear about it.

Very nicely done, thank you for a great introductory tutorial to this subject.

At 7:14 you made a minor misstatement when you said "... you'll notice these lines, kind of like a target symbol. But they're not always all that reliable, depending on the size of the region..."

What you're commenting on is the alignment cross hair symbol that shows the center of an image. This seems to appear in "odd" locations and sizes until you compare the face's UV island on the image. Then you'll see that those islands near the center of image are picking up part of this symbol. If you manually change the texture Repeats on any of your faces to (say) 2.0 x 2.0 this might be a bit clearer when you see the cross hair in its entirety and how that face is overlapping it.

Alignment Cross Hair

LepreKhaun wrote:

Very nicely done, thank you for a great introductory tutorial to this subject.

At 7:14 you made a minor misstatement when you said "... you'll notice these lines, kind of like a target symbol. But they're not always all that reliable, depending on the size of the region..."

What you're commenting on is the alignment cross hair symbol that shows the center of an image. This seems to appear in "odd" locations and sizes until you compare the face's UV island on the image. Then you'll see that those islands near the center of image are picking up part of this symbol. If you manually change the texture Repeats on any of your faces to (say) 2.0 x 2.0 this might be a bit clearer when you see the cross hair in its entirety and how that face is overlapping it.

Alignment Cross Hair

Thanks LepreKhaun! I knew, as I was saying it, that I could of be more clear, but I just didn't think it was important enough to explain it any further. My point was more that, if your mesh is tiny, the lines would be impossible to see. When I was making the video, I had the consumer more in mind, not really other SL creators. Nice explaination of it tho. Although it is a nice feature, I'd rather it was possibly done differently, like maybe highlighting the outline of the specific face. Even maybe a grid pattern might be better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.