Begginers question

littlepinkpie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, using a cube with Blender I made a simple room with a hole to use as a door. When uploaded and got inside the room, it was like nothing was there, transparent inside. Also the room's behaviour is like its phantom, I can get into it from wherever I want to even the properties window hasnt Phantom checked.

Could someone tell me what I did wrong with Blender?

That has nothing to do with Blender. Mesh surfaces only have one side.  That's true whether they are on mesh objects that you create in Blender or Maya or are native prims that you rez in SL (which are also mesh objects).  (Use your camera sometime and try to look inside a prim cube in SL.  There is no "inside", only an "outside". ) If you want to create a room that has an inside, you'll have to make walls in it that face the other way.  Also, if you set the structure to Physics Shape Type PRIM and haven't uploaded a physics shape that matches the structure's walls, there probably will be places that you can walk through.

Often best to start out with something simpler than a house (or a dress) when learning 3D modeling. There are lots of tutorials on the web. Some work for 3D game platforms like SL and some do not.

If you don't mind reading instead of watching, there are some start at the beginning tutorials made just for the SL type of virtual world here.

Good luck. Don't expect to build a castle in a week :D.

Blender is a very complicated software to use. I just downloaded meshmixer it'ss easier to use in my opinion. You don't have to take college couses to sculpt using mesh mixxer and it's compatiable with SL. I think you can solidify your creation in blender with a comand before taking it in world i witnessed it on a youtube tutorial. although there are so many comands to learn it's hard to recall the one that solidifies the object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.