Baking shadows for Blender 2.59

Alina Graf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I made my mesh furniture.

more models to upload and join inworld - LOD shapes and physics shapes for them main ones - UV maps for each of them - materials and textures. Rendering is good.

Tested in Aditi and it goes good. Textures are where i wanted.

Now I'd like add shadow maps for ground and on the object (not ambient occlusion) to add at texture later in PS: i created  the flat 1 face ground. white material. shadows projected on it. I see them in render.

Selected the ground mesh > Added a New Image > Bake > shadow > ... message nothing to bake

I did the same for the main furniture, that has parts that project shadows on other parts. Added new image > Bake > shadow > ... it goes but it replace my texture image not the new one i added (I see it all black).

What I missed for ground? need have a texture for it too? need to unwrap?

What I did wrong for the furniture shadow? I wanted on the New Image i just added.

Thanks

Alina Graf wrote:

Thank you, done.

But my shadow image, despise i choose save as png, has a white background. How could be set to trasparent in Blender? Or I must do it in photoshop later?

Yes, that is normal. As far as I know, you can't force a bake to render a transparent background in Blender. (You can make a regular viewport render have a transparent background, but that isn't what you need.) But anyway, you can just use the "multiply" blend mode in Photoshop to get rid of the white in a shadow pass layer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.