Assistance testing mesh viewer

Nyx Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Greetings all!

As we're preparing to make mesh a feature available in our default viewer install, we've created a mesh viewer that is being used to test how well the mesh functionality works in the latest codebase. It doesn't have 100% of the latest and greatest fixes, but we believe it should be a stable viewer for your everyday use. If you have some time, please install the viewer linked here:

http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/vir-project-1/rev/237585/index.html 

And give us your feedback! Make sure to test mesh uploads, as well as the functions you commonly use in your regular viewers. If you have any issues or notice any bugs, please file a JIRA bug report and list the issue number in this thread. Thanks for your assistance!

-Nyx

[edit] updated build link to have fixes to reported issues. thanks for the feedback!

Does this version replace the version of the viewer on the Mesh Volunteers' Page? 

The one on the Mesh Volunteer pages is 236285 and the link here is to one that is 237157... so the one here is a later build.

There are lots of possibilities for those of that want to play with mesh on the main. Let us know which you prefer us to be testing with.

An issue is back: uploading with skin weights where the *.dae contains a partial joint array.

- Was ok in: Second Life 2.8.2 (236321) Jul 20 2011 15:27:29 (Project Viewer - Mesh) 

- Not working in: Second Life 2.8.3 (237157) Jul 28 2011 09:01:19 (Second Life Developer) ("Calculate weights & fee" greys out when activating "skin weights".)

I am going to call this SH-2179.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2179

I have seen it and have also seen a fix in the works, as linked by "lindenrobot".  I am using the fix now and it appears to work well so I assume it will arrive in a widely released viewer fairly soon if not already.

• Lindens

Yes, the fix for active UI elements being glowy/white/washed out should be merging into viewer-development soon before or after the mesh code, so that isn't much of a concern.

We're trying to hunt down the upload fee response hang, stay tuned!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.