Archimesh for Blender.

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

Is anyone using Archimesh addon for Blender? I just dicovered it, and have installed. Now, i"m curious how effective it in creating mesh buildings. However it has some limitations, like it can't make angular walls, but other than that, it neat and easy to use. 

Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans.

Hi :)

Nice addon but its not creating optimized low poly meshes that are required for SL. The Land Impact is going to be very high on any buildings made with this. Best test on the Beta first  :)

Ark Vuckovic wrote:

............. However it has some limitations, like it can't make angular walls, ...............

For angular walls, check out at around 6:30 in the video below

I of course wasn't interested enough to download (LOL) but as I watched the building of walls I was really wanting to see the topology :D.  So thanks for that comment!  

It is easy to forget that Blender does TONS of stuff, it isn't just for low poly game objects *wink*. So lots of great features just don't work well for us. VERY hard to get when you are just starting out :(

Well, I created a little structure in Archimesh 8 wall segments. First thing was that it needed to be converted to mesh. Went to Test Grid and it uploaded. The PE was only 4. But there is a little situtaion. the windows and doors. Archimesh cuts the walls to let the window be a window. As soon as you remove the window the opening is gone. I tried to use boolean modified, but got a weird message. My feeling that the addon is only for Blender animations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.