Alternative to the Maitreya developer kit?

violentstars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

My apologies if this is dense of me (I'm new to all of this), but what do creators use to make clothing for the Maitreya mesh body? I would like to make fitted mesh with the Maitreya body in mind. I know I still have a long way to go to get there, but that is my goal.

Heck, I don't even know what the developer kit includes.

(Sorry if this has been asked before.)

Thank you!

violentstars wrote:

Hi!

My apologies if this is dense of me (I'm new to all of this), but what do creators use to make clothing for the Maitreya mesh body? I would like to make fitted mesh with the Maitreya body in mind. I know I still have a long way to go to get there, but that is my goal.

Heck, I don't even know what the developer kit includes.

(Sorry if this has been asked before.)

Thank you!

I'm not sure what your complaint is if you haven't even bothered to get the Maitreya dev kit. It has everything you need to make "system layer" clothing and tattoos for the body. By that i mean clothing that applies to the body itself and not mesh clothing.

The Maitreya body is extremely close to the standard SL body. Making standard mesh would broaden your customer base.

Alteranatively you can use the Omega system which covers an extremely wide range of mesh bodies. TMP and Slink being the only exceptions i can think of.

I am getting quite a bit of mesh clothing lately that "says" it is made for Belleza and Maitreya (different meshes) along with the standard sizes. I have found that for me, the standard sizes fit better than the one supposedly designed for Maitreya. So I would just keep improving your mesh making skills in general and wait for the developer kit for mesh to arrive. Right now, whatever alternatives are out there don't seem to be good ones :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.