ANSWERED- THANKS: Messed up skin or just me?

Xherria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I'm in love with this guys skins on how they look on HERE, but when I take and use a demo, EVERYTHING is normal, until I apply the Shape, and well....you can see what happens. Is this suppose to happen? Is it fixed like this in the demo and I'm missing something cause I'm new-ish?

A picture of what he's selling, and then a picture of the HUGE HANDS AND FEET when applied in SL. Please help, I love the body type/shape, and love the skin and how the faces look. If it's just his items he's selling that's messed up, could anyone link me good meshes somewhat like them?

Yes I know my graphics are horrible, I have them set to lowest til I get my new PC in 2 weeks.

Just to follow up on that last comment, the creator made the feet and hands as large as they could be simply so you wouldn't JUST use the demo (and hence be encouraged to buy the product they are selling :D).   

Some shape designers make the EARS as big as they can be also. What you are really looking for in a demo is A. How the skin fits your head and B the overall quality.

You do not need to USE the shape that comes with the skin, mostly they are optional. If the skin looks good on the shape you normally wear then you are set. With legacy (non-mesh avatars) the is a real need to try the demos as the underlying shape of the head makes ALL the difference in the world.

With mesh heads, the skin makers pretty much know how things will look and it is considerably easier to have the skins work with the mesh heads. I have actually never found one that did not :D.

OH GOD, Ok lol...that's perfect then. I was HOPING something was like that which is why I wanted to ask. Just coming in...I'm new to these things, I'd have thought that the 'DEMO' written all over my body was the only issue.

Anything that has a texture can have DEMO plastered over it. Anything that can be rezzed (even if it has a no rez script in it), can have a large box attached to it. Shapes don't fall into either of those categories, so the oversized feet and hands are a rather clever way of providing demos.

Especially in the days BS when hands and feet were just flippers to be ignored or bemoaned instead of constantly scrutinised gotta gotta gotta have em gonna die without them fashion accessories.... :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.