3ds Max Collada export suddenly buggy?

Ellynia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just spent 3 long days trying to make and texture a simple exterior detail piece for a house. The modeling was easy, I made the UV map and exported to Substance Painter using OBJ, that went fine. But, when I exported the same mesh piece in .DAE - the textures (theoretically using the exact same UV map) were crazy, blurry and twisting all over the mesh.

I tried exporting into Substance Painter with the .DAE - and that was ok. Same thing, same file - importing into SL and the textures would go awry. I finally realized that Max did an auto-upgrade without me knowing and the FBX DAE export has changed.  I was able to import the same OBJ to Blender, re-export in DAE and import /that/ file into SL without errors. Needless to say, this isn't my ideal workflow.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I would love to find a way to avoid this awkward extra step.

I can break UVs in SL (with Max 2015 SP3) when there is no bitmap plugged-in to the Difuse color slot of the material, but one (or more) other slot has a map connected, like Normal, Specular etc..

I have to connect a map to the Diffuse slot, or remove all the other maps as well from the material.

Broken UVs:

Working UVs:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.