2.73 Cycles - GPU to CPU

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there still a way to change between GPU and CPU rendering for 2.73 in a Cycles render?    I can see from old tutorials that this was a feature in older versions. I cannot find it in 2.73 and forum searches and Google aren't coming up with anything.

I am having no issues at all and guessing perhaps that Blender is now smart enough to pick the best method based on the system (?) which would be very cool. But I am writing out some tips on this and if there is still a method to switch if needed, it would be good to know.  I do know how to change the sampling should this be an issue. Just want to check the current status of this former feature.

Thanks a bunch.

Is there still a way to change between GPU and CPU rendering for 2.73 in a Cycles render?    I can see from old tutorials that this was a feature in older versions. I cannot find it in 2.73 and forum searches and Google aren't coming up with anything.

I am having no issues at all and guessing perhaps that Blender is now smart enough to pick the best method based on the system (?) which would be very cool. But I am writing out some tips on this and if there is still a method to switch if needed, it would be good to know.  I do know how to change the sampling should this be an issue. Just want to check the current status of this former feature.

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks. Someone else sent me there. When I get to th card type and click I do NOT get any other menus. I have a GeForce GTX760.  Maybe "the card knows" what to do LOL.   It is working fine for me so I guess I won't worry about it.

Chic Aeon wrote:

..................... When I get to th card type and click I do NOT get any other menus. I have a GeForce GTX760.

I should have made it clearer. After changing from None to CUDA in the User preferences you need to return to the Properties panel > Render > Render menu to see the now extra option called Device added to that Render menu.

Blender 2.73 CPU or GPU rendering 2 .png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.