yo Banner Makers - Halloween is a Big Deal

Mickey Vandeverre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

.....just a heads up to whoever makes the marketplace banners, in case this is your first year in SL....but Halloween is a Huge Big Deal, and people have a ton of fun with it.

People are already decorating their places.  Today is the 6th of October. 

Bet they're going to shop like crazy over the weekend, and betcha a ton of merchants made some new cool stuff this year.

Huge Big Deal.

I quite like the 96 items per page. It's easier to scroll down than to click to the next page and get bored before they finally get to my item. At least this way my item stands a chance of being seen. Why oh why did I do the homepage feature a week ago for a halloween item? Well, I learnt the lesson again about not ever doing a homepage feature again. A category feature might have stood more of a chance with that banner now.

I'm not getting what you're saying about not doing a featured ad.

If you had started running a featured ad in the Halloween section a month ago - your item should be a top seller now - and as a top seller it should score on the page 1 or 2 of the general Halloween search or what is basically the same search that the banner takes you to, a bonus of a 96 product listing....so definitely should have made it to page 1 or 2 there.

If you had run the feature listing even earlier than a month ago - you probably would have guaranteed placement.

The banner ad is like a sign in the shop window to lure people who did not necessarily walk down the street to go into the Halloween shop, but saw it on their way to the shoe shop.

If someone specifically wanted pumpkins and decorations - they will probably type in Halloween or Pumpkin to search or they will go directly to the Celebrations category and choose Halloween.  The banner is not detracting those - they knew where to go - the banner is catching others that were not on their way there.

You ran your item on the market home page?  I think that most here would say that was a mistake.

Yes Mickey, I made the mistake of running it on the market homepage thinking that people might not even be able to find the halloween section. They would need to know that it is under celebrations - holidays - Halloween. But now that there is a banner ad taking you to it yes I should have run it under category. My mistake, live and learn. 

Rya Nitely wrote:

I quite like the 96 items per page. It's easier to scroll down than to click to the next page and get bored before they finally get to my item. At least this way my item stands a chance of being seen. Why oh why did I do the homepage feature a week ago for a halloween item? Well, I learnt the lesson again about not ever doing a homepage feature again. A category feature might have stood more of a chance with that banner now.

But if you have a featured in that category you will have less possibilities to be seen, cause that carousel moves every time you go to next page ;-) Imagine how many times your will see that carousel if you use 96 items per page ^^

The thing is no matter when you bought featured listing, cause they could change/reset/whatever relevance settings and your item in page 3 would go nowhere :P

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.