order history

emabiamor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody. I am very new here. I bought today some Lindens, and I went right away shopping. I wanted a skin and a shape and I purchased Esode Avery Skin & Julia Shape: Maitreya Lara + Slink Physique Appliers & Stylecard . The problem is I didnt received and there is nothing in the Oreder History but my money were take form my "banK"...and its about 1900 $L...

PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!

THANK YOU

oh,

1)First open vewier then where you type password there is box to type location(region name) type"Hippo Hollow"  and Login there stay for 5 minute it will help you to completely load your Inventory.

2) Log into Secondlife.com. and then click account. In the dropdown menu click L$ transaction history. If you can see that money in the debit list, contact the creator of the product, CLEO TWIST, for delivery of the product to you.

• 2 weeks later...

emabiamor, what did you do? Did you solve this?

I made this avi then I paid for a L$2000 limited item.

The item was not delivered.

There is NO record on marketplace on my account, nor on the seller's acount.

The information ONLY shows on my Transaction History page. The seller has no proof of payment AT ALL, she said she didn't receive the money.

Filled a ticket, the support said "I do see that you were charged though." But the support doesn't provide me with any sort of tracking I could message the seller, so the seller can at least see I paid.

It really has no registry at all.

Then I bought something else at another store, for L$350 and the same happened. Nothing shows up on marketplace's purchase history. 

It's only taking my money and I can't do anything, I don't even know if I can buy on MP anymore, it's just to lose money.

Any suggestions?

BebeBonbon wrote:

Filled a ticket, the support said "
I do see that you were charged though.
" But the support doesn't provide me with any sort of tracking I could message the seller, so the seller can at least see I paid.

Any suggestions?

No matter what happened, you can't expect the seller to deliver unless she actually received the payment, so as it is now, it's a case between you and Linden Lab. Reopen the support case and ask where your money went. They may be dragging their feet but just refuse the close the case until you've received an answer. If that answer is "we don't know", file an Abuse Report - Abuser name: Governor Linden, Category: Fraud > L$ or USD $, Summary: Unauthorized withdrawal from my L$ account by an unknown person.

If that doesn't work right away, keep filing ARs and keep the support case open until you get a result.

Yeah I know the seller needs to be paid, I asked for a refund on the ticket I filled.

The problem is the support said "the seller DID receive the money".

If she really got paid, she has no record of it, and I don't either.

But how am I going to ask for a refund or redelivery(impossible now, since was a limited edition), If marketplace history shows NO record of my purchase at all?

I asked support a couple of times for a transaction number since she said the seller is with the money... but all she gave me was the date/hour of the purchase... 

Part of the responses I got were:

"Unfortunately, I do not see the item in your inventory. I do see that you were charged though. The seller set this item up so I cannot redeliver the it. I cannot refund an item sold in the MP as SL was not paid for this item, the seller was."

and

"I am sorry for the confusion with your transaction history.
The only thing I could provide you with is what I see, which is what you would see as well:
2016-08-24 15:15:58 L$ Payment 2,000 BebeBonbon Resident Commerce Linden 100
I hope this helps you with your request from the seller."

So I am assuming the seller got the money, but doesn't know... and I don't see how only the date can help - the seller already searched for a record on marketplace and transaction history, found nothing.

Thanks a lot for the tip for the Abuse Report, will do!

The items are not on my inventory because they never were delivered from MP, she logged on my account to check

I can only make assumptions here, I really don't know. But I think the real problem is, why is my transaction history on marketplace "EMPTY" when I paid for 2 items?
And the problem is on SL's end, marketplace end, for not recording the purchases - probably with the new updates going on.
I asked for the https://marketplace.secondlife.com/merchants/xxxxx/orders/xxxxxx link, there isn't a link to show it not even as a failed delivery

I mostly believe the seller didn't receive the L$, because there is no record of it, besides the L$ going to "Commerce Linden" on my panel. I asked for a refund from LL because ALL it shows is that it's gone to "Commerce Linden". But what do I know, -what If- she did receive and can't see? Because when there is a failure, the first thing the seller does is ask for a transaction number to check if it's legit, and there is none. So I filled a ticket.

Then I started to believe the support scout might not have enough powers to investigate more, all she could do was login on my account, to see what I already saw on my history, so she is assuming the seller got the money. She couldn't explain the MP inexistent purchases either. She couldn't even redeliver because the seller set up as limited (even if she said the seller got paid, so I should get my limited item nonetheless?). Maybe the abuse report will trigger someone who can see what's up and where the money is for sure, since I opened a support case under the MP failed-deliveries option.

At this point I don't even care about the money, it's not a big deal, I waited to see If I would get the item or the L$ back, since there were some copies inworld, but now the item is sold out there too, and apparently I won't get it from MP either.

But I would like to know what's going on, I bought things that ended up as "ghost purchases" and got nothing, the lindens went poof, can I even buy from marketplace like I'm shooting in the dark expecting to receive my purchases or not? Shouldn't the MP tracking system be accurate...? I guess I will just scrap this bugged account and let go

I think you may be confused here.

Although your MP order history shows nothing, which is really not a good sign for LL, or the MP, your actual transaction history on the sl account page, DOES show a transaction. That tells us that you did indeed get charged, and did indeed pay. The money going from commerce linden to a seller's account is near instant.

It is extremely likely that the seller did get the money and is merely telling you that she didn't. While not completely impossible for you to be charged and the seller not get the funds, it doesn't happen very often at all, it's extremely, extremely, rare. It happens, but, if LL has looked at it and specifically told you that the seller did indeed get the money....I'm not so keen on not believing the lab about that one. THey can see the back end, of course, so they know when someone is being dishonest about what has been sent and what has not. 

I've had a similar experience, except in my case, I was charged, the seller did not get payment, and LL was able to confirm both of these things(and refunded me what I was charged since it never made it to its final destination-ie, the seller). But that's not what happened in your case. In your case, the seller DID get the money. You can't confirm this yourself, but LL has confirmed it for you.

The fact that it doesn't show on your MP history is, worrisome, but for an entirely different reason, and really it's more worrisome for LL than it is you-becuase they're the ones that look into it since it's not something amiss on your end. The two subjects aren't one in the same though. On one hand, you have a seller being dishonest with you, and LL has confirmed the seller has been dishonest, and on the other you have a differnet matter entirely when it comes to orders not properly showing on MP order history. Two different issues, despite having a slight relation(ie, you bought through MP).

Although it's likely LL won't offer you a refund, since it becomes a resident to resident dispute. If the item isn't in your inventory, that, again, is a matter of a different color too and related more to the order history being wrong on MP than it is to the topic of a seler being dishonest about receiving payment.

If you can see the transaction on your end on the actual sl webpage, and LL can confirm that yes the seller has the money...then that is your answer, the seller isn't being honest. It sucks when that happens, but it DOES happen now and again. It's possible there never was a product on the MP at all, given the way things have gone wonky on the MP as of late and the ad should not have existed(I had an ad for a product on MP that I had long since removed show up one day, and someone bought it, but ther ereally was no product(on my end) connected to that ad anymore. In that case, it didn't fail to deliver, it wasn't ever intended to deliver in the first place, so I just refunded the buyer and ate the fee that LL takes.  I didn't lie about not getting the funds tho(and the problem hasn't happened since). 

(Not actually to Tari)

I think you should file a bug report, if you can't get support to confirm what happened. If people are being charged and the transaction is not completed, that is a bug that needs investigation.

iif you do that post the link here.

Tari Landar wrote:

It is extremely likely that the seller did get the money and is merely telling you that she didn't.

I agree that is the most likely explanation but that doesn't necessarily mean she's dishonest in any way. MP sales only show up in the transaction history as being Commerce Linden so there's no way of knowing who the customer was from that. With no record about the transaction on MP, the only thing the seller can do is compare the sales stats and transaction history for that day and see if they match. Or wait for LL to sort it out of course. It is their responsibility, no matter how you look at it.

ChinRey wrote:

[snip]

MP sales only show up in the transaction history as being Commerce Linden so there's no way of knowing who the customer was from that. With no record about the transaction on MP, the only thing the seller can do is compare the sales stats and transaction history for that day and see if they match. Or wait for LL to sort it out of course. It is
their
responsibility, no matter how you look at it.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but transaction history does show the name of the buyer (not the recipient in the case of a gift).  The source is Commerce Linden, but at the end of the transaction posting, the buyer's name appears in parantheses.  It's very easy to search and find a customer by name that way if it was in the past 32 days. Many Merchants keep years of records downloaded to spreadsheets (mine go back to my first sale in 2009) and those are also searchable. If the transaction is missing, or the name is missing, and yet LL says the money was received, then yes, the Merchant would have to check to see if money received equals the total of transactions recorded.  If not, then it probably is a bug (and a serious one at that).

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but transaction history does show the name of the buyer (not the recipient in the case of a gift).  The source is Commerce Linden, but at the end of the transaction posting, the buyer's name appears in parantheses.

Woops, I've never noticed that until now! Thank you, Arwen!

ChinRey wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

It is extremely likely that the seller did get the money and is merely telling you that she didn't.

I agree that is the most likely explanation but that doesn't necessarily mean she's dishonest in any way. MP sales only show up in the transaction history as being Commerce Linden so there's no way of knowing who the customer was from that. With no record about the transaction on MP, the only thing the seller can do is compare the sales stats and transaction history for that day and see if they match. Or wait for LL to sort it out of course. It is
their
responsibility, no matter how you look at it.

Yes, it's LL's responsibility to figure out why the delivery failure occurred.It's also on their shoulders to figure out why MP transaction history is showing a blank, when it should not. It is absolutely LL's fault that an error occurred at all, much less multiple errors.

But it's still the merchant's responsibility to be honest about payments received, regardless of delivery failures caused by SL or LL errors. Since support did not say whether or not the merchant still has the item, there could be a couple of things the merchant could do here. The merchant could issue a refund, since evidence is clear that the merchant received the money, despite claiming otherwise-LL confirmed, or if the product still exists and was not lost in the abyss, simply send the product along. As someone else already said, the transaction page does indeed show a customer's name for MP purchases. LL told bebebonbon that the merchant did in fact get the money(actually LL said it twice, according to info given here). The merchant is lying about at least one thing. It's entirely possible the merchant isn't being honest about more than one thing. 

Then again, I have very little tolerance for merchant dishonesty, so, most folks would likely think I'm being overly "harsh". I just happen to be of the mind that when one is a merchant, dealing with other people's money, he or she owes them to treat such a relationship with respect(and vice versa as well).

The reason I vote for a bug report is that when a customer has insisted that X is true, and I find X unlikely but possible, I file a bug report so LL will confirm whether X is true ot not. Because if X IS true, it would be a major concern. But very rarely does X turn out to be true.

Pamela Galli wrote:

The reason I vote for a bug report is that when a customer has insisted that X is true, and I find X unlikely but possible, I file a bug report so LL will confirm whether X is true ot not. Because if X IS true, it would be a major concern. But very rarely does X turn out to be true.

There definitely needs to be a bug report, because clearly some things did go wrong. Errors occurred that should not, and it is entirely on LL to figure out what those things are, how to remedy them, and how to prevent them in the future. I find the problems that occurred and the, clearly a bug(even if it can't yet be detrmined what bug, yet) alarming

But on the money issue, that part, at least, has nothing to do with a bug, and everything to do with the merchant simply being dishonest. I find that kind of dishonesty to be a red flag, perhaps not as overall alarming as the bug(s) that took place, but alarming in its own right.

I thought of an example: customer says she received an empty folder from MP -- which did not seem possible, since a listing deactivates when the folder is empty, PLUS anyone can go to Contents and see the contents of the folder. I filed a bug report and Brooke confirmed that the folder was not in fact empty. The customer may not have been able to see the folder contents but it was there.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I thought of an example: customer says she received an empty folder from MP -- which did not seem possible, since a listing deactivates when the folder is empty, PLUS anyone can go to Contents and see the contents of the folder. I filed a bug report and Brooke confirmed that the folder was not in fact empty. The customer may not have been able to see the folder contents but it was there.

I've had that happen too, as a seller and a customer, lol. I usually tell people to log out and log back in and it *usuaully solves the problem of "empty box syndrome", or in this case.."empty folder syndrome". 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.