frustrated with marketplace

BekkaBunnie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone else frustrated when shopping on marketplace? I used to put in the price 1L to whatever then the people with demos got wise to that and starting charging 1L for demos...grrrrrr....IMHO it should be required that demos are 0L or on a different marketplace...this is just wrong and I know it is costing merchants money because I usually give up and quit and I am sure I am not alone. So I have no clothes to wear....woe is me. :) I think we should boycott everyone who is charging 1L for demos on marketplace....

I suspect most already do have that feeling and don't pay for demos. Charging for useless demos has to be right up there with the best lame things to do.

Usual excuses are "but it takes time to make" or "i had to pay for uploads".

And? Those are called "costs of sale". Imagine car dealers who when asked for a test drive, asked for money invested to cover their time. Or next time in a clothes shop they charged to try on a garment that you were interested in.

Ludicrous!

Linden Lab's SL Marketplace *requires* a price of $1L or more in order for an item to be sent as a gift. Demos that are $0L cannot be sent as gifts.

I set my demos at $1L because of this, since many of my customers will send a demo as a gift to an intended recipient to see if the recipient likes the fit of the garment or the look of the skin or tattoo on his or her avatar before buying that person a gift from my Marketplace store.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't solve the problem, but for those trying to search for cheap things without going through pages and pages of demos... use boolean search.

What I mean is search for "search term NOT demo" such as "glasses NOT demo" (without the quotes). This will exclude all the listings with the word demo in the title. Note that NOT has to be in all caps.

Now, unfortunately some demo listings have D E M O or d.e.m.o etc., instead but it does at least cut down on the demo listings.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.