11-02-2012 04:35 PM
Ashtyn (& the pseudonymed Bob Resident):
Actually, LL gave both of you the answer on how to fix it. The Creator (AKA Bob Resident) simply needs to refile the DMCA and specify the locations where the infringing item can be found. For example:
- All copies of "Bob Resident's Animated Husky Pets" found at In-World Store located on the "Stolen Stuff" region at location x/y/z
- All copies of "Bob Resident's Animated Husky Pets" found on the SL Marketplace being sold by "Flybynightthief Resident"
- All copies of "Bob Resident's Gray Husky with pink bows on ears" found in User Inventory with the Creator Name "Flybynightthief Resident"
- All copies of "Bob Resident's Animated Husky Pets" found in the inventory of "Flybynightthief Resident" including all constituent parts contained within the aforementioned delivery box.
- (Laundry List of other parts stolen from Bob Resident and included in the box) within "Flybynightthief Resident's" inventory
Etc. etc. Unfortunately, the original Creator (AKA Bob Resident) will need to detail out all the parts included in the delivery box that he claims are his stolen content ... which can be laborious. BUT .. this is how the DMCA works; it can only be used to take action against specifically named stolen items. Thus if they are not named in the complaint, LL can't remove them. This is where a lot of folks go wrong .. not being detailed.
I know it's a pain, but it's also totally understandable. LL has to follow the rules .. and them is the rules.
|DGP4SL VLMs + Marketplace + Blog|
Virtual Landmarks + Teleporters + Slide Shows
Online Indicators + SEO Tools + Rental Beam
11-02-2012 06:48 PM
Ashtyn Ninetails wrote:
I know for a fact that they can reach into your inventory and into rezzed in-world prims to remove content! A while back there was a major scandal with stolen animations, that the original creator requested they be removed from the grid, and LL did meticulously remove them from everywhere! I know because I happened to have some of the stolen animations (which I had no idea were stolen content) and they were all removed.
Unfortunately that option is currently available only for limited people invited to a pilot program mentioned here.
11-26-2012 04:10 PM
that is very sad but thats because you the creators are the ones who would have to file the dmca`s which in turn they never go any further because the court and legal fees would cost loads more than the creator them self make in second life. so in my opinion its a waste of time. sl needs to remove the option of being able to tale lindens outside of the virtual grid and into real life. then all would be more a real game again like from the start. fun and no real.