Where do you cash out your lindens?

Dimentox Travanti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ai Velde wrote:

Virwox because it's instant.

Ditto

Plus I just could not bring myself to reward LL with extra conversion commissions, when they 'improved' their service to us by increasing the cash out time from instant to 5 days,  its so astoundingly pitiful, it's almost unbelievable.   

I use the Lindex - time doesn't matter to me.

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

Ai Velde wrote:

Virwox because it's instant.

Ditto

Plus I just could not bring myself to reward LL with extra conversion commissions, when they 'improved' their service to us by increasing the cash out time from instant to 5 days,  its so astoundingly pitiful,
it's almost unbelievable.   

I bolded the bit that I'm responding to. It *is* believable because it seems to me that LL doesn't want to operate a cashout system at all, or they want to hang onto as much US$ as they can for as long as they can. Increasing the time from instant to 5 days isn't the first indication. Some time ago, they stopped sending cheques and they will only pay a minimum of US$10,000 into a bank account. The auto-creating and sending of cheques (minimum US$1000 or US$5000 if my memory is correct - I've forgotten) doesn't take many minutes once a week so there is no reason not to have continued doing it, but they stopped, claiming that the time it took was the problem. Every other company that sends cheques to users manage it just fine, and their minimum is usually a mere US$100. So, imo, LL didn't tell us the truth about why they stopped doing it, and for increasing the minimum for bank transfers to US$10,000.

Changing from instant to a 5 day delay may well be for the same sort of reason and, to me, it's not "unbelievable".

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.