What's the difference? Manage listings vs. Viewer-Managed Marketplace

pablopicasso11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm new to the Marketplace and have been working on putting something up for sale. After I've created the listing and I go to Merhcnat Home -> Manage listings, I see my item appearing in the "Viewer-Managed Marketplace" section while the "Manage listings" section appears empty. Would anyone be willing to help me understand the difference, please?

The Viewer-Managed Marketplace section where your item is showing up is the correct section for the "Viewer Managed Marketplace" - it is the current (new) system that the Commerce Team introduced in the past year.  So, that is the area where you should fill in the info for your item.

The other section called "Manage Listings" is the prior (old) area - it was associated with the Merchant Outbox which no longer works (was replaced by the Viewer Managed Marketplace).  So don't worry about that section - nothing should appear there.  The Commerce Team needs to remove it but hasn't yet, so it leads to confusion.

Hope this helps :)

Once you send your items to the marketplace window in your viewer (from the "me" menu) you need to right click on them and choose "create listing". Otherwise they will never go to your marketplace.

After you are done with this, you will see they will disappear from this tab and moved to the "unlisted" tab.

Then you go on the mp website in your manage listing and click the tab "unassociated" and you will see your items there, waiting for you to edit them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.