VMM - Manager Assistance

Zarolin Milev

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The last time we migrated from SLEX to the current Marketplace, there had been talk of allowing authorized individuals to assist with listings. I am wondering if this new VMM system could allow for such a thing, it would be vastly helpful to many to be able to have help with the mind numbing job ot listing writing! 

Actually, if you wait and let LL migrate it for you, all your current listings will migrate as is. You'll only have to worry about new listings. I didn't have to do a thing when they did mine as part of a test program. I've since added a few things with minimal problems.

Actually, I disagree. Yes, it completly eliminates the magic boxes. But, it also eliminates several steps for listing an item. No more loading to the merchant outbox, then have to log in to the MP, go to your listings, manage listings, then fill in the info to list it. Now when you list, the listing info page comes up for you when you click on the item in your inventory.

Also, when you need to update, say you made a mistake with the original package or you come out with an update for the item, like mesh bodies/parts/weapons/etc. All you have to do is add that item to the original folder and activate it so that the new version is the one sold. Huge time savings as opposed to having to go into the MP and do it manually.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

All you have to do is add that item to the original folder and activate it so that the new version is the one sold. Huge time savings as opposed to having to go into the MP and do it manually.

Actually, I don't even activate it. I just add or replace an item in the original version folder and it's done. And this can be done without using the VMM viewer. I do it in Firestorm. I had to update a notecard for all my listings. I just copied and pasted the new information onto the old notecard in each listing folder. If I want to change an item or add a new item to a listing it can all be done in Firestorm, where there isn't an activate button. This is, of course a lot easier if your items aren't boxed. But still, if you items are boxed it leaves out a few steps - just rez the box, update the items then replace the box in the original listings folder. Unless you want multiple version folders (like old and new) for the same listing, which I don't bother with.

It's also easy to create a new listing. I create my folders in Firestorm, and then log into the VMM viewer to activate the new listing. But once activated, I update listings simply by replacing the items in the folder, and this seems to work in any viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.