Undelivered? How to resolve.

Iren Tinkel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get more and more requests to redeliver item from Direct Delivery. But problem is customers request to redeliver no copy items that were not delivered to them from marketplace (they say) though in order status is Delivered. I ask them to file support ticket because i can do nothing actually: item status is delivered, i get money but i cant check if it is really in their inv or they cant find it. I looked JIRA - i didnt find fresh issue about undelivered and all old commented as "file ticket to MP team". So actually i advice right thing but i always get negative reaction kinda " i paid you - send me what i paid for!" Question is i dont know what kind of issue is that if there is no any info about it. I cant send twice transferable item. I dont know if MP team is able to help here also. I dont like idea to get money for nothing but also i cant check their inv and dont like to send twice transferable things. Any of you got this issue recently?

I find it very rare now that something is not delivered, and when that is the case, it was probably that the buyer declined it or something.  

I have a Message on Rez script in my no copy things, so I know whether someone rezzed an object or the contents of a box.

As i understand it is impossible to decline something from Direct Delivery so it is hard for me to understand how they did not get something. I got idea about rezz script but they really can lose something in their inv and find in some months and transfer it to friend or resell in a while (i did get cases of reselling transferable items that were redelivered)

In my experience, on those very rare occasions when someone reports they did not receive something that I did NOT already get the message on rez for, when I ask "What search term are you using?"  they do not know what I mean, because to them searching means opening some folders, not using the search function.  Using the search function (before and after clearing cache, etc.) usually works.

Yeah, i do ask them to clear cache, relog, use search, put Received in general Inventory tab to appear in search and many other things. 99% cases end like "omg... Found... Sorry..." but today was hard case, customer couldnt find item and my last request usually is to send me screenshot with search results (99,9% find item on this step) but here i heard so many "nice" words about myself and no screenshot but promise about bad bad review. In fact  i would like to know will LL investigate if they file ticket about failed delivery? Will LL check delivery or just resend? Or maybe LL really will do nothing and say kinda "request seller"?

I think if they are premium, LL will help them with inventory issues, but not sure. Since we have nothing to do with delivery but pay a commission to LL to handle deliveries, they should handle failures. But you know how that goes.

If someone mentions giving a bad review for failed delivery, that is the end of discussion for me. Let them go ahead, LL will remove it if it is flagged.

Iren Tinkel wrote:

As i understand it is impossible to decline something from Direct Delivery so it is hard for me to understand how they did not get something.

Hey Iren, long time no speak.

You're not wrong on your approach, either they are aftrer additional copies or they have lost it, or can't find it in their Direct Delivery inbox etc.

LL Support is their option for MP delivered items as LL are the delivery agent.  If they prefer to use a vendor supported route then buy inworld.

Like most merchants, you feel obliged to help but since you do not own or operate the delivery method, unless you choose to send additional products yourself, you've done all that there is to do.

Thank you, Pamela and Sassy  :)

Yeah I think I got what I should do regarding this situation in future not to fall into long idiotic discussions. Bad thing is customers really think they can handle situation by threats to write 1star review, I do noticed it becomes tool to blackmail for them though all these reviews will be deleted by LL.

Looks like I will do that too. Though recently I notice my listings look like row of warnings lol. About "try demo before", "this is no copy warn - cant be replaced", "please read description with attention", "check twice gift's receiver name" and so on:) That situation is silly. I do think I should stop selling no copy because it is headache.

Lets face it, regardless of whether your products are copy or no copy, being a merchant in SL is a headache :) None of my products are copy (exept vehicles). When a customer claims nondelivery I ask them for due diligence in recovering (clear cache, rebuild inventory, search). If they do that and still no product, I will replace it. I figure a small percentage are scammers, but for the most part people are honest. I think the positive reaction to getting great customer service outweighs the negatives of a few cheaters.

Copy can be as much of a headache. They say they want a different item, can they return it for a refund. Or they accidentally bought it.

What is certain is that ppl rarely lose copy items and rarely want to trade in transfer items, both of which would present no problem.

I have everything covered in my listings, too, and have links to where everything rezzed inworld for inspection, so there can be no surprises -- but still get one star reviews from those who did not read a single word of the listing or take a look at the demo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.