Unable to add items to my merchant outbox

Drake Kroitschov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been selling items using an xstreet magic box, I am trying to move everything to direct delivery and all I get is the dreaded red circle with a line through it. I don't have unassociated items which would cause blockage. I have tried using Firestorm and the official LL viewer with no success. I do have another account which does use the direct delivery system with no issues. Can anyone offer some help on this please?

Fixed! I got a quick reply from LL here is how to fix it in case anyone else runs into the same issue:

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your Merchant Outbox prompting you to create a store on the Marketplace web site.

This is a known bug with the way the non Direct Delivery compliant Third Party Viewers interact with the Merchant Outbox.

You may use the Phoenix viewer to search for your Merchant Outbox then right click on the folder and choose Restore or drag the folder out so that it is showing as a Main/System Folder.

1. Search their Inventory for the 'Merchant Outbox' folder
2. Right click on the Folder and choose "Restore"
3. Log out of Second Life
4. Log into Second Life using the Official Second Life Viewer

This should correct the issue and your Merchant Outbox should work correctly when you log back in with the official Second Life V3 viewer.

Does this mean in order to sell stuff on marketplace i have to download and use 2 other viewers just to get the stuff to go to marketplace?  This is my store avi, and it's never used a magic box or anything (eventho i have on other avis and never had issues).  However, this is first time I am using the merchant outbox and I get the error that initialization failed. I use Singularity Alpha Viewer. I don't have a great pc, and it's the best, least laggy, useable viewer for me.  So the only way I can get my stuff to work is download and log onto Phoenix, then download and log onto the SL viewer? And I have to do all this everytime I want to post something?  Is this going to be fixed by the time magic boxes are retired, b/c they're much less of a hassle until it does.

• Moderators

Greetings,

There are two types of issues that can happen with the Merchant Outbox. 

1. Create a Store

2. Initializing

The Create a Store issue occurs when a Merchant has already created a store but the Merchant Outbox system folder cannot be located in their inventory.  This is usually caused when the folder has been moved or attempted to be deleted.  To restore the folder requires a non MO compliant viewer, like Phoenix 1.6

The Initialization Issue is caused when the system times out trying to contact the Marketplace web site when you are uploading items.  In most cases this will resolve itself when the communication issues are fixed/restored.

In rare cases, the issue isn't fixed and the system still sees your Merchant Outbox as trying to Initialize contact with the Marketplace web site.  In those instances, your Merchant Outbox can be reset by contacting Customer Support.

I have reset your Merchant Outbox and that should correct the issue for you.  If it does not, please submit a Support Case so that we can get the issue resolved for you. :)

Thank you.

Yeah mine is still showing me the Failure to initialize error :(

The issue must somehow be related to the viewer & it's connection with MP? I downloaded and logged into the official SL viewer just to try it, and it sent it successfully on the first try.  I use Singularity Alpha viewer, so it must be viewer related.

Thank you again for our response & help.

• Moderators

Hi Pfftness,

Unfortunately, there may be an issue with that 3rd party viewer. If you are having no difficulty when using the SL Viewer, I recommend filing a bug report with the 3rd Party Viewer so that they are aware of the issue and can work to resolve the trouble.

• 4 months later...

You know now that this is not true Dakota, because, what about my problem? No problem of store, not problem of inizialating, my problem its that i put the folders in the windows and when i press send, the folder stay in the same place and sometimes say, error bla bla bla, but sometimes say "send completed" or dont say nothing. Linden tell me that they dont know what happens!!! They dont knowww????? omg! and i make a jira in market place and the dont know????? OMG! what kind of team of donkeys!!!! Its your program, its your sistem, its my store! fix my problem!

• 1 month later...

OMGGGGGG it worked.  I worked on this problem all day and this is the first response that finally worked for me.  I downloaded the old Pheonix 1.6 and yes its still available just takes some searching around on the firestorm site to find it.  Anyway,  my merchant outbox folder was right there but i didn't have to restore it but just in case i deleted it then found it in trash and restored it.  Logged out of pheonix and back into the sl viewer and viola my mechant out box is now working ... no more red circle with a slash through it :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.