Trouble with item permission when deliver product in marketplace

Olivecliste

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone having trouble with item permission when deliver product in marketplace?
I have a market place store. Recently i was trying to list new item to my store, then i did test delivery. I recieved my item on my recieved folder, but it still full permission. I'm so confused, because i've been  tried test delivery and bought my item from my store by myself over and over again but i still get my item full permission on my recieved folder.

i'm sure that i've put appropriate permission(no modify/no transfer) in the item. i tried to ask my friend to buy my item (same object which are i send to marketplace) inword or send it directly to my friend, and the permission working as well. So believe there is something wrong with marketplace, but i cannt found anybody compain about this in forum. so i wondering it just me, did i miss something?

Untitled.png

Olive,

Since you are the creator, the item appears full perm to you (unless there is a no modify script in the item).

Three ways to check if the permissions are correct for the next owner:

1.  Ask a friend to buy it and check permissions (which you did) - it is difficult to tell from your post if the permissions were correct for your friend, or incorrect and still full perm "i tried to ask my friend to buy my item (same object which are i send to marketplace) inword or send it directly to my friend, and the permission working as well."

2.  Click on the item in your inventory and look at Properties - the permissions for the next owner will show up there so you can make sure it is no modify, no transfer as you intend.

3.  Look at the Marketplace Listing for the item and check under the Contents tab:  The next owner permissions should be listed there.  When I look at your test object on the Marketplace, the permissions under the Contents tab shows "copy only" which matches the permissions you have said you want.

If the item still appears to be full perm in all these situations, make sure that you actually rezzed it inworld and set the proper permissions.  Don't ever set permissions while the item object is inventory.  Clothing, textures and scripts can have permissions set in inventory since they cannot be "rezzed" inworld, but object permissions need to set inworld on a rezzed object and then taken back into inventory.

Since you are a Merchant, the best place to receive help on Marketplace, Selling, Store, and Merchant issues is in the Commerce Forum -> Merchant Section.  That's where the Merchants discuss various issues on a regular basis.

I hope this helps!

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Olive,

Since you are the creator, the item appears full perm to you (unless there is a no modify script in the item).

If you do a test delivery it should be exactly the way the customer receives it. If your item is set to copy mod then it will be copy mod when you receive it by test delivery. The seller/creator needs to change it back to full permission.

To the OP, if you set your item to copy mod and you are receiving it as full perm via test delivery then you are right, there is something wrong. My items are being delivered with the correct permissions.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

I tested this when VMM went live.  During DD, yes, test items were delivered with next owner permissions.  However, with VMM, they are delivered with creator permissions.

edited to add: I assume they are delivered this way because they are now coming from your own inventory.

WAIT JUST A FREAKIN MINUTE HERE!!

WHAT?!?!?!?

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! They are giving away everything because .. OWNER PERMISSION is always FULL for things you create. That means people can open and view my scripts, copy my techniques .. EVERYTHING!!

NO!!

I have just unlisted everything ... EVERYTHING!

Attention All Merchants: If you have anything for sale that YOU MADE then you better unlist it FAST or you're giving it away using VMM delivery.

Dear CommerceTeamLinden:

Y'all are in some DEEP DOODOO!

Arwen Serpente wrote:

lol, Darrius, they are delivered to you via test delivery with creator permissions.  They are delivered to your customers with the permissions that you set.

Are you sure?!? Have you tested it with OTHER people?

Because this is exactly the sort of ... umm .. "mistake" that typifies the LL Way.

When it's been tested by someone I trust (because I can't right now) .. THEN I'll return to the marketplace. Until then?

Not gonna happen.

EBBE!! See what happens when you stop trying to maintain the TRUST of your customers?

Darrius, no!  We were talking about test delivery to the Merchant themselves, not regular delivery to anyone else.

-  Test delivery to yourself is with creator permissions since you made it.  In DD, when you did a test delivery to yourself, you would see next owner permissions.  Now that's no longer true for test delivery to yourself.

-  Regular delivery to your customers is with the permssions you set - same as always.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Darrius, no!  We were talking about test delivery to the Merchant themselves, not regular delivery to anyone else.

-  Test delivery to yourself is with creator permissions since you made it.  In DD, when you did a test delivery to yourself, you would see next owner permissions.  Now that's
no longer true for test delivery to yourself.

-  Regular delivery to your customers is with the permssions you set - same as always.

Grrrr! Okay, you I trust Arwen. Thank you.

(now .. for the subtext of what just happened)

For as long as I've been selling on Second Life, through XStreet, SLM, Magic Boxes, whatever you have, Linden Lab has treated the Merchants as if we are an invisible entity. They routinely dismiss our issues, they show no concern when their actions cost (some of) us $100's or more ... and then they act as if the fruits of our labors are totally worthless because "they're just bits in a computer".

And that's BS!

What every one of their employees does is "just bits in a computer". The whole of their PRODUCT is just "bits in a computer". And they get very dang snarky when they are not properly paid for those bits. But when they do the same to us? Not a single stinking concern.

Sansar? BLEH! Whatever comes next, the overarching attitude will be "screw the customer, as long as we get their money first". And THAT will be the real death of Second Life .. and beyond.

Just to reassure you, Darrius - I logged in on my alt store account and purchased one of my items from my store.  It arrived as intended with next owner permissions (in this case, copy, no mod, no transfer).  So please don't worry about what your customers are receiving - they are receiving an item with whatever next owner permissions you set -  it is working as it should.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Darrius, in my opinion, I don't think this is a bug. I think it is intended behavior.  It is a change from DD and CTL should have advised us of it to prevent this kind of confusion.

If you do file a JIRA, most likely is should be as a feature request.  Just my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. This is an absolutely critical feature for Merchants to be assured their products are being delivered as intended. Buying on an Alt or having a friend purchase means you still pay a commission to LL .. for something that should be provided as a basic function (imo).

This isn't happening to me. I've test delivered my copy mod and copy only items, including my scripts and they are being received with the permissions I set for next owner. They're not reverting to full perm through test delivery. I'm interested in seeing how they respond to your jira. Maybe I'm not understanding the problem or maybe I'm having a different experience to others here :smileyfrustrated:

Edit to add: I'm experiencing no difference with the test delivery through VMM and DD .

Rya, how do they appear in inventory when the test items are delivered?

When I test deliver to myself with VMM, the permissions of the received item appear as my creator perms in inventory -> when I click properties, they are in fact set to next owner perms the way I intended (obviously, I can do what I want with them since I am the creator).

When I test deliver to myself with DD, the permissions of the received item appear as next owner perms in inventory->when I click properties, they are set properly to what I intended as next owner. If I rez the item, the perms to me are full since I am the creator, but still retain the next owner check marks I intended.

In both cases, when the item is purchased by a customer, they are delivered with next owner perms as intended.

Rya Nitely wrote:

So, the test delivery does what now? Is it simply moving a particular folder from one place in your inventory to another? This seems a bit useless :smileyfrustrated:

It would appear so. But it should go through a fake "transfer" operation in order to set the permissions to the proper "Next Owner" values. I'm guessing that wasn't something considered important in their mad dash to the finish line though. After all, they didn't consider it important to have a Viewer that supported Viewer Managed Marketplace, so why would they consider permissions as important?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.