Taking items down

Loveless Oompa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello SL comunity! I have a bit of a problem here so I will explain as much as I can about it, hopefully this won't be too long.

Ok, so a few years ago I made a commercial partnership with another user, we settled up a store on the marketplace but now after some years, I don't really play the game anymore and I'd like to take down the items from the marketplace and delete my account as well. The problem is: the store is not on my name, we used a "shared" account of which I used to have the password (not anymore tho, since the person changed the mutual password, without notice.) this avatar has the ownership of the market store and uploaded all of the content, however the items have my avatar name as the creator and I still have the mesh models and textures in my inventory to prove it. Can I really do something to remove my items?. Even the littlest guidance is appreciated! Thanks in advance and good day/night!. :heart:

Unless you have a contract spelling out any agreement you had when you gave her the content full perm and are willing to take her to court to enforce it, I don't think you have recourse.

If you no longer "play the game" I can't think why it would matter to you what your ex partner does.

• Like 2

I don't. We never had a written agrement, I was just wondering if something can be done, because -he- is still in the game profiting from my original content, regardless if I play it or not, oh well, bad choices haha. Anyways, thank you so much for your help, very appreciated! :heart:

Hmmmm... you do know that a "shared account" is against Linden Lab's ToS, don't you? LL probably won't penalize you for it if you tell them but there's not mcuh chance they'll be willing to help you with any problem it has caused you either.

That being said - I'm suppose you've already consider this option but who's email address is the shared account linked to? That's what really matters since you can always ask for a passowrd reset on email.

One thing you can do if you want to keep your ex-partner from selling your works is to list everything in your own store at lower prcies than his. Call it you "classic collection" or something like that to distinguish it from your recent works. Make absolutely sure you are named as the creator of the items though, if you aren't you risk a DMCA filed against you.

oh alright, sorry as noob-ish as it sounds I had no clue about it, actually it seems to me like an "usual" practice around. I will completely avoid it in the future, thanks.

Yes, at first I tried the password reset, sadly the acc is not even linked to the same e-mail, anymore.

This surely is more now a preventive-like topic, because I didn't take enough precaution about sharing my work. Ultimately yeah, I still have everything, models and textures with uploading date (inworld) previous to the upload on marketplace and I'm listed as creator on the items as well, so I will think about re-uploading, thank you for your time and information, I really appreciate the help!

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.