TMP The most complicated system in SL

Lord Derryth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It blows my mind as to why the creator of TMP has decided to create the most complicated system in Second Life.  Seriously, you go there and it's all WHITE and you have like two Huds on your screen.  It makes demoing stuff a hassle.  Do I really want all this HUD which is HUGE on my screen?  I don't get it.  I really don't get it.  Every other creator uses a simple system.  Here's a head, put it on, use the skins and see how you look.  You like it?  Buy it.  You don't like it, remove the hud and remove the head, problem solved.  TMP, they like to go through a process that is quite ridiculous.  I just want to know if anyone else that uses TMP goes through hell just to demo and put stuff on?  

I'm not a TMP user and never will be.  Every time I try to give them a chance and demo stuff, I always end up somewhere else.  It's really annoying.  Why go this route?

Personally, I felt it was way too much of a hassle and the shopping experience definately was a major turnoff for me, a HUD just to shop around? I did still grab the demo to try it out though :)

But I think it is fairly popular, so I guess we are in the minority. Certainly, I cannot be bothered to deal with that sort of stuff.

and...

and...

they are lag monsters and people take a good 5 minutes to turn from broken triangles to whole

and they have every single bit of clothing they sell inside that little white ball inside... serious.... appear in sim and you load the body and all the clothes, even if you never bought them

and...

they are still beta and have not updated for 2 years.

Slink eat these lag making people alive.

• 2 weeks later...

TMP=TOO MANY PROBLEMS! hey guys.....have you seen the niramyth? to me, i find it way more detailed and beginning to pull ahead of TMP in both appearance and price! was looking around at TMP and was astonished to find out the price to create a full mesh avi. i left there confused, feeling like i was just beamed up to the mothership of lag and feeling like i owed them something for looking at their products lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.