Shocked by Massive MP Delisting

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have heard this happen to other people but I'm in shock at logging on to find dozens -- a hundred -- items carefully listed on the Marketplace all delisted, all with the item missing from their folders.

There is no disciplinary or violation message or anything like that, these are all random items, in different categories, that had been properly listed and some had been on the MP for weeks.

I was afraid they were lost -- rares! -- but all of them were unceremoniously dumped into one random folder in my inventory -- bizarre.

I'm completely mystified. If there was some "violation" then the items wouldn't be missing from their folders. So it has to be a technical snafu.

Why? And can LL globally fix this?

There seems to have been a major database issue this week. I had folders appear in VERY random places (a couple of tiers down on the inventory tree for example in places they should NOT have been). Haven't found missing items but that is has been reported and I have likely lost things (happens often to me; perhaps I am on the server from hell :D).

So likely (possibly) this has something to do with that.

Also major issues on the beta grid re inventory. Lots of reports. I found that also with my alt (I don't go there any more personally after spending a WHOLE week getting my inventory sorted out with lots of losses (this months ago)).

This week or last week my rather huge trash folder was emptied. Not by me, I like to empty old stuff that has accumulated first.

Then I noticed several pages of totally blank listings on the MP, not even named. I found out how to delete them, and did so, but I don't know if they just appeared out of the blue, or those were real listings that suddenly went blank.

No one seems terribly concerned about the blank listings. Oh well.

Chic, I never go on the beta grid anymore. The last time I did I lost an expensive skin. It never returned.

ALL of my gatcha listings have been dumped off the MP and put into one folder for reasons unfathomed.

Well, I am appealing to them to put them back in one move the same way they took them down in one move, because otherwise it's HOURS AND HOURS of work.

SO annoying.

Yes, Aditi has been messy since the "unification" of the databases. I have my alt over there and since she doesn't have much (I noted yesterday that she doesn't have a backup copy of her mesh body there which she SHOULD) it is working well. Actually it works better as "she" can do something there and "I" can do something on the main grid coordinating the uploading and such when needed.  

Also the beta grid mesh uploader isn't exactly the same as the main grid now. Have noted that over and over again so guessing it is NOT just my perception. Still a good place to upload mesh and it has saved about 15,000 lindens just since she started doing the uploading. Have no clue how many if you count all MY uploads :D

So, yes, but all means, if someone needs to test, an alt is safer for sure. 

Glad to know it wasn't just me with all this database mess. Not sure what I lost (sure I lost something). Guess I better check the marketplace as I don't put things up there that often.

PS. Looks like my Marketplace listings are fine. I don't have that much up there so that might have been a help.

Chic Aeon wrote:

So, yes, but all means, if someone needs to test, an alt is safer for sure. 

Thanks for that advice. Better to be safe if the databases are joined O_O And if they are, owww. Such bad IT practice. Surely the Lab wouldn't be stupid enough to join them? Test and production should never be close to one another.

--||-

Prokofy Neva wrote:

...but I'm in shock at logging on to find dozens -- a hundred -- items carefully listed on the Marketplace all delisted, all with the item missing from their folders.

I was afraid they were lost -- rares! -- but all of them were unceremoniously dumped into one random folder in my inventory -- bizarre.

Prok, did this happen after LL support ran an inventory repair on your account by any chance?

Sweet said HERE that this happened to her after support ran an inventory fix.

UPDATE:

I filed a ticket on this, and all the Lindens could tell me is that no, they have no way of globally restoring all my items.

They can globally remove them in one fell swoop, but can't reverse that.

So yes, I'm spending hours putting them all back.

And it's bizarre, because I am taking them all out of a folder and putting them back in MP folders that say "active" but also deliver error messages if you run the error check. So I am first deactivating, then activating, then re-listing.

BTW the folder in inventory they all landed in was one of those MP-like folders with the punched holes or grid on them. That is I once dragged something off the MP into inventory and it kept that sort of folder. So I don't know if that's at issue but I don't see how it could be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.