Sellers in MP

Tabla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend bought a rental system with prim counter for 400L.  It does not do what is stated in the MP.  MP say is tranfer but is not. The photos show 3 menus but he only can get one menu so he can not add tenants to this system.  He wrote to the seller two IMs and no answer he also wrote a bad review and no answer.  Of course rental system was deeded to the group land. Too sad he just was robbed 400L.

I have been reading reviews in market place.  A product with 2 reviews one good and one bad.  A product with 16 reviews 2 are.bad.  A product with 8 reviews 4 good and 4 bad.  A product with one review all of them look like have been written by the same person. 

My friend bought a Club Disco Structure some time ago.  It was so bad because MP said it was modify and it was not,  There was like an invisible prim in front of the sofas and them could be not used.  The only way to place vendors in the stores was to rezz the vendor outside and then dragg it to inside of the store.  At the time he bought it there was no reviews.  He conteacted the seller with no answer so he then wrote a bad review.  Next day there is a new review "it was a good product".  So for a time there were one bad and one good review.

I am used to buy in MP.  Sure, some products are good as the sellers.  Other products or sellers should go out of business becasue if you leave your store unattended and still getting money that is stealing  So my opinion is maybe sellers in MP forget about the concept of "fair business and fair trade"..  In conclusion MP is getting scary so scary I dont dare to go there anymore.

I use MP as a catalogue... its good for searching and browsing. When I find few products I like, I go visit the shop in-world to see the product there. If its a good thing, and I like it (and if I don't get distracted and forget lol) I like to go back on the MP and buy it there so I can leave the review. Its good to leave a review, it means a lot to the seller and also promotes good products. 

There are good sellers there too, not all are bad. 

When buying rental systems, dance systems or any other similar product your best bet is to visit some lands for rent, check their rental systems, visit clubs and see what they use (right click and see creator - open creators profile, read.. check pics and voila!), or ask a friend... 

I am not in-world right now but if you want I can check which one I have, it never let me down. 

Don't be scared... its not only the MP, the whole world is like that, and it'll screw you in a second if you're not careful :) 

Tabla wrote:

My friend bought a rental system with prim counter for 400L.  It does not do what is stated in the MP.  MP say is tranfer but is not. The photos show 3 menus but he only can get one menu so he can not add tenants to this system.  He wrote to the seller two IMs and no answer he also wrote a bad review and no answer.  Of course rental system was deeded to the group land. Too sad he just was robbed 400L.

I have been reading reviews in market place.  A product with 2 reviews one good and one bad.  A product with 16 reviews 2 are.bad.  A product with 8 reviews 4 good and 4 bad.  A product with one review all of them look like have been written by the same person. 

My friend bought a Club Disco Structure some time ago.  It was so bad because MP said it was modify and it was not,  There was like an invisible prim in front of the sofas and them could be not used.  The only way to place vendors in the stores was to rezz the vendor outside and then dragg it to inside of the store.  At the time he bought it there was no reviews.  He conteacted the seller with no answer so he then wrote a bad review.  Next day there is a new review "it was a good product".  So for a time there were one bad and one good review.

I am used to buy in MP.  Sure, some products are good as the sellers.  Other products or sellers should go out of business becasue if you leave your store unattended and still getting money that is stealing  So my opinion is maybe sellers in MP forget about the concept of "fair business and fair trade"..  In conclusion MP is getting scary so scary I dont dare to go there anymore.

If you see a several good reviews a few bad ones, then look for clues why.  If all the good reviews were around the same time, chances are the seller got friends or alts to put them there.  If they are from a wider range of dates, then probably the bad reviews come from people who haven't read the instructions, just don't understand the product, or don't have the SL skills to use it successfully.

Having to rez things outside a building and then dragging it in is common in SL and is not the sellers fault.  If the building is mesh then that is the reason as it is hard to rez things on mesh.  But it sometimes happens to me on a wide range of things from different creators even with a non mesh building, but it is rarer.

I do think LL should have a policy that if the merchant doesn't log in within a certain period of time, his MP store is taken down or at least show the last date the merchant logged in.  However don't forget that sometimes people get suddenly seriously ill or have RL emergencies that prevent them from logging in, not by choice.  A few months ago I had an emergency hospitalization of a month followed by recovery at home for a month.  I was told to stay in bed and not use my computer, among other things.  Luckily no one tried to contact me about my products.  If they had I would have answered them as soon as I could log in again. 

Just wanted to note that not being able to rez in  a mesh building is due to a bad (or perhaps uploader generated) physics model. It is not intrinsic to mesh models.

Agree that seeing a demo or going to the store is always the best method for buying on the Marketplace. MANY folks are no longer there and haven't been for years. Getting rid of all the OLD stuff might be the best thing the marketplace could do. Anyone still wanting their four or five year old or more products up there could put them up again :D.

And to the OP

There is a "Not as Advertised" choice in the "Flag This Listing" area on the Marketplace along with a place to comment. The not being able to rez is not against any rules but if the permissions were listed as wrong, that certainly is. You can also put in a ticket under MARKETPLACE (not with your complaints, but with the things that were listed incorrectly). It is doubtful you will get a refund but you might get the item removed if the owner doesn't fix.

Yes, there are few good merchants in MP.  I had had several good experiences where I contacted the seller and he was online at the time, came to my place fixed the problem and even refunded my money.   I really dont want money refunded but that the object do what I needed it do. $1.50 its not a big deal but the dissapointments and the time to spend again searching for another produc which it do what I need it to do. And being uncertain if all that searching will lead to a MP succesful experience. Thanks to all of you for your insightful comments.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Greetings All!

The Permission indicators on the right side of the Product Listing are chosen by the seller themselves.

To verify the permissions on an item, look at the Contents tab of the Product Listing.

If permissions on the Contents tab do not match the permissions on the right side as stated by the seller, then caution is strongly urged when buying the item.

Boxed items will only show the permissions of the box itself, not the items that are in the box. 

If a seller has placed their items into a box and the box shows as Copy in the Contents tab, but the seller has stated in the description and in the permissions section on the right side of the listing that the items are Modify, Transfer, you assume the risk that the seller is providing the correct information since it cannot be verified before purchase.

If you purchase an item and the permissions on the item in world do not match the permissions that the seller has indicated, please leave a non-hostile review on the listing stating how the permissions are different and then flag the item as Not As Advertised - Item permissions not as advertised.

Dakota Linden wrote:

If you purchase an item and the permissions on the item in world do not match the permissions that the seller has indicated, please leave a non-hostile review on the listing stating how the permissions are different and then flag the item as Not As Advertised - Item permissions not as advertised.

Well it might be better to suggest that they don't leave a review about permissions but just flag it as not as advertised.

This way it will be removed from sale, hopefully corrected and then re-activated.

Surely that's better than having a review which says "incorrect permissions" when they will subsequently be corrected but now have an inaccurate review?  Just my thoughts.

Yes a comment can be added but don't expect anyone to go and re-visit a review to change their previous statement about permissions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.