Sell Limit takes too long

Dani Plassitz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

More than a month ago I offered a significant amount of lindens at L$247 / US$1.00. 17 days later, with my order still open, I canceled it and top the amount to bigger, offering again for the same rate. It has never before taken more than a week to sell lindens at this rate. I have even written to a Support to confirm my order, which they did.

Any reason why this is taking so long now?

Thanks

Within the past few weeks everything shifted on Lindex for selling Lindens, up 1L.  So sell orders @ 247L that used to sell in a couple days are sitting there for long periods of time.  248L (which for a few years sold almost right away) will sell a bit faster, maybe a week or 10 days (total estimate). If you need to cash out immediately, 249L is the new number to shoot for.  Those orders will fill in a day or so (faster or slower depending on the amount).

You are not selling to a machine. You are selling to people that are placing buy orders. If no one wants to pay your price, it sits.

The market changes. Why it changes can't be know with absolute certainly. It depends on what people think L$ are worth and how badly they need them or need to get rid of them.

The Lab keeps a finger on the scale, mostly to keep prices from bouncing. They stabilise short term changes but seem to allow long term changes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.