Seeking Migration Volunteers for VMM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Resident

Would you like 3 free months of Premium Membership on one of your accounts? Are you a Merchant with at least 50 listings (active and inactive) in your store? If so, we’d like you to volunteer your store to be one of the first stores migrated to Viewer-Managed Marketplace.

We have been testing the migration process using test accounts, and, as thorough as these tests may be, they cannot anticipate some of the unusual cases that sometimes arise. Because of this we would like to migrate around 20 stores of 50 or more Direct Delivery listings before we begin general migrations.

If you are interested in participating, please answer the questions on this form. We will ultimately select 20 stores from those submitted, choosing a wide variety of stores and types of items for sale. If we have selected your store, we will follow up with you to schedule a time for the migration of your store and, once the store is migrated, we will add 3 months of free Premium Membership to the account you designated. If your store is not selected, we will let you know that we’ll be migrating you during the main migration period.

We will be reaching out to Merchants with large stores (several thousand or more listings) and Premium Memberships to schedule a time for the migration of their stores closer to the main migration period. All migrations will occur during the low traffic times on the Marketplace, as this is possible.

[UPDATE] The survey has been closed. We will follow up shortly with volunteers who have not yet been contacted. Thanks to all who applied.

well ok, I didn't care much till now... I have seen that hype about something blah blah marketplace in viewer and I kinda thought all the time that THIS will be Marketplace itself in viewer... I thought: "oh cool, thats good idea... Thumb up Linden Lab advertise it well, coz this has sense and when it will be released I will look at it thoroughly".

Now I'm dissappointed.... it ended just like another marketplace upload tool, eh why :) What was wrong with Merchant outbox, 1 second and item or items been sent. Done. No problem.

Where is my marketplace integrated in viewer I've believed in, lol? I should have read about it more b4... so pity... :D

Cudaboy Lockjaw wrote:

A one year free membership id be interested in. 3 month not really worth the chance to be a
guinea pig

The thing is, if you are one of a small group of guinea pigs and something goes wrong then you will get fast and special attention. If you migrate as one of 1000s of other merchants and something goes wrong, you will be shouting in a big noisy crowd.

Mimmiomi Ushimawa wrote:

Please for gods sake, just leave merchant outbox alone. Nothing wrong with it and I love it as it is. I don't want 10000 folders of my products taking lots of space in my inventory.

I agree! I love the merchant out box, it works well for me. I might try the new thing out for MAYBE a week, but, then I'll be emptying my MP store, & just renting a spot in world. If I can bum rent money off friends. 

Mimmiomi Ushimawa wrote:

Please for gods sake, just leave merchant outbox alone. Nothing wrong with it and I love it as it is. I don't want 10000 folders of my products taking lots of space in my inventory.

Umm, aren't your products already in your inventory? Why would they take up more space?

Ok so I applied and filled out that form, yet have heard nothing on whether or not I've been chosen, or if the 20 have already been chosen, or even if my application was recieved. Assuming that since the link is still up on the Merchant Home on the MP, that they haven't chosen yet so... when will this be happening? Will those that applied be notified or just waiting in the wings and wondering?

Okay so what happens to the many others that want to try and sell stuff onto the marketplace.  I yanked all my stuff off awhile ago because the magic box being a nolonger used item what is going on?  You would think that after almost 15 years of SL being up and running we would have some kind of solid here

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.