Reviews with STARS but no titles or text or reviewer name?

LosteMagic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many products have reasonable reviews.  you might see that there are 4 (for example) reviews, and when you click on that reviews link you actually see 4 reviews - each with a star rating and reviewr name and title and text.

But sometimes you see an item has a 5-star rating and 10 (for example) reviews, but when you click on the review link there are actually zero reviews that show up.  No names and no text and no titles.

It seems likely that these are false reviews used to stack a questionable products rating.

But what I dont understand is how they do that?  I though reviews required a title and text?

This is the same phenomina that means that brand new content struggles to achieve a handful of reviews, but junk from 2008 which was great back then but is way outdated by now still has 300+ positive reviews ( most with no text).

Xstreet was much more "proactive" about encouraging people to leave reviews. 

Nowadays people only leave reviews if they are AMAZED by your work (5 stars). Or hate you and want to blackmail you (1 Star) :) Middle ground is rare. Most often I get reviews when I have done some customer service for someone.

I do wish the system was used more generally (and responsibly). 

So anyway, when you see those "no text reviews" what it DOES tell you is the last time this product got a possitive review was a loooong time ago. 

Personally, I think reviews should expire after a given length of time. Maybe 3 years.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.