Redelivery Question

xJennifer29x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know that by using Caspervend you are able to redeliver any copyable product you have purchased from anyone. Is there a current way to do that via the Second Life Marketplace without having to contact each and every person you bought from? I was curious to see if i'd be able to get a re-delivery of things i have purchased and the thought came to mind. I didn't see any tutorials or information that already answered this.

This isn't solely a feature of Caspervend in fact that wasn't the first to offer it.  It uses a notification feature of Marketplace called ANS which sends transaction details to a destination on an external web service. Any merchant can set up a service to consume this data and implement their own onward services such as redelivery, reporting, licensing, creation of temporary download links etc.

My vending system offers this and was offering it before Caspervend but ours is a private system and not available for sale whereas Caspervend is a product which is available to merchants in general.  Another commercial offering is that from Darius Gothly which is a lightweight redelivery system which offers just redelivery from MP and not the vending system.  His is under the brand iGlom.  There are others.

Back to the original question... "can you do a redelivery of copy permission items from MP?"  The answer is NO and can you guess how many times this has been asked of the MP dev team?  This is yet another of the incredibly low hanging fruit but very high value features that hasn't been implemented.

VERY VERY little time to implement it's ridiculous.  Two years wasted on an incomplete delivery system and the end user (both merchant and customer) still don't get the real value features we need.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.