Product Pictures FAIL (SOLVED)

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I've never had a problem uploading pictures.  What type of problem are you having?

nor have i. unfortunately, when i really reall.y really need a pic to illustrate my design...well, wouldn't ya know it. reliable ole LL borked again.  [bitter Canadian sarcasm]. btw, you should be able to upload larger pix (whenever its fixed) they just mangle them to their preferred size.

if any techies are reading, the error on uploading an image shows up like this:

["Attachment /tmp/Mannequin120121118-3048-12s97ve.jpg is not recognized by the 'identify' command.", "Attachment /tmp/Mannequin120121118-3048-12s97ve.jpg is not recognized by the 'identify' command.", "Attachment /tmp/Mannequin120121118-3048-12s97ve.jpg is not recognized by the 'identify' command.", "Attachment /tmp/Mannequin120121118-3048-12s97ve.jpg is not recognized by the 'identify' command.", "Attachment /tmp/Mannequin120121118-3048-12s97ve.jpg is not recognized by the 'identify' command."]

Couldbe Yue wrote:

I don't recognise the error message but if you've got non-alpha/numeric characters (like #) it won't load.  the other thing is are you sure they're jpgs (yes, I know it's basic but sometimes things go awry)

check, the name of the file is in the error message puke: Mannequin1.jpg

check, the file's been made with the same software i've been using forever for everything i've uploaded before.

is this happening ONLY pour moi?

could someone verify it's unique to me?

...btw, i also tried changing the format to png, no go; uploaded another file of a different size (512x512), no go. the original surprise is 473x700.

are you sure the 1 is a 1 and not a | or something else?  I listed 3 things today and it all went smoothly. 

have you tried renaming the jpg?  and I seem to remember that smaller file sizes don't always load so it could be 512 is too small for it.  700 high from what I remember is not going to work..  700 wide is fine but the height is quite constrained - because it's landscape rather than portrait.  so it could be something as simple as when it compresses it it's taking it down to below the minimum width and so won't load it.  (if of course the 700 is wide then I really do have no idea)

If none of them work then I'm out of options.  I can only suggest you raise a support ticket and attach the files that failed and ask them.

the last suggestion I have is to delete that folder and relist with a new name (put a full stop at the end of the filename of something)..  that will create a new listing number and hopefully whatever the problem is won't happen again.

The stuff I listed today I uploaded a week or more ago so if they've destroyed something in a release since then that may not fix it either but it's probably worth a shot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.