No keywords AT ALL= keyword spam?

Kampu Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As always, I'm sure that there's some very logical explanation behind this.

Somebody please tap CTL on the shoulder and ask her what it could be.

delisted_without_keywords_2.pngkeyword_absent_2.png

This is no joke. The second image reflects the state of the listing at the time of the flagging.

LOL That is actually pretty ridiculous since the word (if you can even call it a word) as applied here is a Linden-engineered expression supposedly meaning anything 1960's (but specifically not psychedelic things?)....... yet in reality the word has no definition! According to google, madstyle is nothing but a jumble of random things: How does Google define "madstyle"?

I see nothing linking it to the 1960s there. Since it means NOTHING how can it possibly be misused? I'm not going to, but I could say my kittens are madstyle & label them as such. Why not? But I guess Lindens would pitch a fit about it.  Unless.... maybe... kittens... are... madstyle?   :matte-motes-shocked:   Who knows?

Considering threads from this forum about 'madstyle' spam are now number 2 in google search results, who's guilty of 'madstyle' spam? By Lindens encouraging merchants to aggressively use this 'madstyle' keyword, people looking in google search for madstyle will get spammed with SL stuff, instead of the search results they hope for.

Number one for madstyle is True Jackson. Are Lindens trying SEO trick in attempt to capture demographic of True Jackson?

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Look at the whole listing image.

Madstyle did not appear in the name of the item when it was flagged, and NOTHING AT ALL was in the keywords field.

The item was still appearing in searches for "madstyle" for some period of time after those things were removed on 1 May, (9 hours or more before the delisting) but the word "madstyle" itself appears only in the extended description, and thus has nothing to do with relevance searches, which are related only to keyword, listing names, names of stores and names of merchants.

Moreover, the listing specifically indicated that the item used NO KEYWORDS, and the item was specifically delisted for keyword spam.

So a blank keyword field is now keyword spam? Hmmm.

What is one supposed to put in there instead, if words like "sculpted" and "prim" are also "spam" when used to keyword a sculpted prim?*

*(see previous discussion on this point if you really care to dig for it)

The form message from LL didn't specifically state it was flagged for keyword abuse, but spam and keywords.  If I understand you correctly, the second picture is the actual item listed and its description. If that's the case, than it is spam since your not really selling something just making a statement.

There is a ton of stuff that always turns up when you search for stuff in MP that has nothing to do with what your searching for, without having to wade through peoples opinions too, even if I agree with them :).  It happens all the time and is frustrating and ridicules and perhaps whoever flagged it was just in the midst of such an experience and had reached their wits end.  Of course that is just a possible theory but a plausible one.

The item was not spam when listed.

If it was spam once borked, LL should fix by unborking it.

That is, if something is disallowed as spam, that's just all the more reason why LL shouldn't do things that turn legitimate listings into spam.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.