New Seller - Need Vendor Advice

SierraJJ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all! I'm a new seller of Zooby clothes, and I'm just finishing setting up my store.  I am trying to figure out the best way to set up the items so that they can be purchased in world. I've seen Casper vending and Zooby has their own vendor system, but I wondered if anyone has any suggestions about the easiest, least costly way to sell items in world.  I have each item hung on a wall, so I'd like them to be able to purchase from each item, rather than go through a click through box like most of the casper stuff I see.

I'm really new to this, so anyone willing to start with the basics and share tips, I would SO appreciate it! Thank you!

Sierra

Cheapest and easiest way to get a single item vendor:

1. Rez a prim
  2. Make it flat
  3. Put a nice picture of the product on the front
  4. Right-click prim and select "Edit"
  5. Go to the Content tab of the edit window and drag the item you want to sell into it
  6. Go to the General tab of the edit window and:
  7. Check the "For Sale" checkbox
  8. Type the price in the price field
  9. Select "Contents" in the menu right after the price field
  10. Check that the "Click to" menu has changed to "Buy"

That's it. It's all built into the Second Life system right from the start, no need to buy any vendor at all for something as simple as that.

If you need something more advanced with proper accounting, redeliveries and all that, go right to CasperVend. They have a free version (charging a percentage of the sales) if you don't want to invest any money right away.

Thank you!! I tried doing it that way, but for some reason when I try to have an alt buy it, it won't come up with any object to purchase.  The buy tab comes up, but there's nothing in it. I have an item in the contents tab.  Someone told me that it has to be a copy item, but I know you can buy items that are no copy... also, zooby scripts make the outfits "no copy" "no mod" automatically.  Any suggestions?

You can sell items transfer only, as long as you have transfer permission.

If the item is no copy to you then you need to sell it as buy original and not copy

The easiest way to sell is to set the item itself to buy a copy or buy original. Then you don't need to make a box.

Go into edit on the item

Choose sell, price, and copy should be the default setting, so change it to buy original if you have to. But this means the item is gone once bought.

hello i have those vendors 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GMA&search%5Bkeywords%5D=ONSC

low price and they are easy to  set them up and they can have gift card, bonus card ....mesh boards with  even 18 items per page for 2 prims , no server you just rez one box that  does it all 

doing the box ones its more easy but you need many prims , casper is amazing one but takes time to set it up and cost a lot 

people love to  see the items one by one but this way you cannot have gift cards, coupons and so on .

i hope you will love having a shop and you will get it well !! have an amazing weekend 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.