My freebies keep being flagged Moderate

Brota Kornfeld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Brota Kornfeld wrote:

Doesn't seem like it, since my other animated textures aren't being flagged Moderate
:/

You can thank me for my attention to detail.

The product you quoted as being flagged 'moderate' is the only animated texture product listing in which you have used;

"animated,textures,freebie,free,sci-fi,science fiction,screens,terminals,monitors,alien,**bleep**ysis" in the keyword list.

See? Even the forum bleeps out a portion of a word that it thinks is 'mature'.

• Moderators

Tamara Artis wrote:

Why is important for an item to stay under "general" category and not be moderate? Is it because it doesn't show outside of MP (for example Google images)?

Hello Tamara Artis,

There are many reasons why a seller may want to ensure that their general rated items stay in the General rated sections.

First and foremost is that not all users choose to view Moderate and Adult rated items. Perhaps for personal reasons, or perhaps they have younger children in their family that they do not want to accidentally see Moderate or Adult items if they happen to look over their shoulder while they are on the Marketplace.

Second, if a user is not logged into the Marketplace they will only see Product Listings that are rated General Maturity. 

Third, systems are not perfect and require constant attention.  If an item is incorrectly being flagged by the system as Moderate or Adult when it is not, the only way for Linden Lab to be able to research and resolve the issue so that the problem is corrected is when it is reported. 

One seller reporting an issue could ultimately resolve an issue for dozens of other sellers, depending upon how many may be affected by the incorrect flagging.

Thank you very much for replying, some things are much more clear now :) but it also made my curiosity go nuts lol

Would it be possible to flag a certain item if it is listed twice - once under General rating and another version under Moderate? If it has different images and similar names, would it be considered as a double listing or not? 

And what kind of effect an image has on the maturity rating? For example - a nice artistic photo of a nude girl that shows her breasts? Is that moderate? Or we can leave it under general and use general keywords? 

• Moderators

Tamara Artis wrote:

Thank you very much for replying, some things are much more clear now
:)
but it also made my curiosity go nuts lol

Would it be possible to flag a certain item if it is listed twice - once under General rating and another version under Moderate? If it has different images and similar names, would it be considered as a double listing or not? 

And what kind of effect an image has on the maturity rating? For example - a nice artistic photo of a nude girl that shows her breasts? Is that moderate? Or we can leave it under general and use general keywords? 

Hello Tamara Artis,

item spam is definitely an issue.  That is where a seller lists the exact same item multiple times.  Usually this is seen when someone is reselling copies of Gatcha items.

If a seller has multiple copies of an item, and one version is General and one Moderate (Or Adult) be careful when deciding to flag the item.

It is very possible that they are in fact selling different versions of the same item.  For instance, a merchant may sell a couch that has normal male and female sitting poses it in, and the couch will be listed as a General Maturity Rating item.

If the merchant is also selling the same couch, but with adult (sexual) animations, then that version of the couch must be listed as an Adult rated item.

Since the couch has 2 different sets of animations, then the item is not considered Item Spam since it is not considered the exact same item.

If you are not sure, you can flag both versions of the item and they will be reviewed by the team members who review the flags.

The Marketplace Listing Guidelines clearly detail out what Maturity Ratings are required for specific types of content, including images.

Any image, even if it is artistic, that shows female nipples should be flagged as Adult.  This is not a political statement regarding the type of content, only that as outlined in my original reply, some users prefer not to have their younger children exposed to certain types of content, even if it is artistic in nature.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.