My Gacha Sale Item has been marked as Spam

Dakota Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had an item on Marketplace for about a week now, it is only the one item for sale in that colour, i have the same item in another colour that is also for sale, but i logged in to have a message saying my item had been marked as Spam for duplicate items.

Why would it have been marked as spam to begin with, was this a linden thing or did someone report my item as spam. i have never encountered this before with any of my sale items and i really do not know what this means and if the item can still even be sold

Thanks for any help on this.

Note to other repliers: Help the OP or don't post, what are you on my case about?

Try checking the listing guidelines, see if you've done anything there with the listings.

1 You have 2 Gacha listing items with the same title.

2 Several of your gacha item listings use a ton of keywords, and they're all the same. You are using the same 30 keywords to describe at least 4 different listings...  This spams the search engine on the MP.

3 Check that you dont use duplicate images

I see this often, especially with 30 gacha listings that use the same image, even if the product is circled, mistakes can happen as a weary merchant makes the listings...

4. Multiple Listings of the Same Product? 

Were you lagging or something? You have identical products, images and listings

IMPORTANT: You will have to go over your entire store, as it appears you have made multiple mistakes, so go over it and correct any slipups. Good luck!

Not hard to find out who reported it ....again, there are so many more worse issues at MP that really need to be solved.

1 You have 2 Gacha listing items with the same title.

Thats NO violation

2 Several of your gacha item listings use a ton of keywords, and they're all the same. You are using the same 30 keywords to describe at least 4 different listings...  This spams the search engine on the MP.

This is no violation as long there are no untrue keywords used or abused

3 Check that you dont use duplicate images

I see this often, especially with 30 gacha listings that use the same image, even if the product is circled, mistakes can happen as a weary merchant makes the listings...

As you know this is totally allowed, there was a thread earlier where LL corrected you

4. Multiple Listings of the Same Product? 

So what?

IMPORTANT: You will have to go over your entire store, as it appears you have made multiple mistakes, so go over it and correct any slipups. Good luck!

As soon you can show your MP police badge you can tell people what to do with it.

Tip for the OP, report the one that flagged your items if you'r sure the flagging is not right ...otherwise...make it right and you have nothing to worry.

Let's see...

Examples of duplicate listings:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/zerkalo-Like-a-Bird-Pillow-Light/9601951

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/zerkalo-Like-a-Bird-Pillow-Light/9601954

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/zerkalo-Like-a-Bird-Pillow-Light/9601956

Examples of keyword spam:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/zerkalo-Like-a-Bird-Food-Tray-Light/9601949

Keywords (some obvious spam underlined): zerkalo,like,bird,cage,table,light,gacha,original,aruba,beach,couture,candles,hippie,flower,white,red,orange,cream,tan,summer,cool,winter,spring,home,decor,pillow,sleep,sit,animation,metal,tray,food

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aruba-Relax-Top-Leggings-Candy-Pack/8087774

Keywords (some obvious spam underlined): Aruba,beach,relax,classic,womens,bottoms,leggings,yoga,pants,Fitmesh,Maitreya,Slink,Belleza,Demo,Navy,Black,Bordo,Red,Teal,Thistle,Gray,White,lace,Purple,Top,Blouse,Shirt,Fit,Mesh,Outfit,Pack,Autumn

All credit to you for having the sense to ask for advice at the forum but the answer is, yes, you really, really need to review your MP listings, they're full of TOS violations disallowed listing practices.

ChinRey wrote:

All credit to you for having the sense to ask for advice at the forum

at least it's asked, as usual... most never read the guidlines, but the crusade from that other user isn't really solving anything either.

Send a message to the store, see if they work on a solution and if you see it's not working, flag... not just a wild witch hunt and burn them.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

You have 2 Gacha listing items with the same title

Thats NO violation

Correct :)

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Several of your gacha item listings use a ton of keywords, and they're all the same
. You are using the same 30 keywords to describe at least 4 different listings...  This spams the search engine on the MP.

This is no violation as long there are no untrue keywords used or abused

Correct again but in this case there certainly are numerous untrue keywords used. LL's guidelines specifically mentions using color variants listed separately as keywords as not allowed and I think it's quite clear by now that keywords used for a gacha listing has to refer to the specific item for sale, not to other items from the same set.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Check that you dont use duplicate images

As you know this is totally allowed, there was a thread earlier where LL corrected you

Yes, it is totally allowed and "everybody" do it. There's always a risk though. LL doesn't spend that much time reviewing a flagged listing and if they see the same product picture reused, there's always a chance they unlist the item by mistake in a hurry.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Multiple Listings of the Same Product? 

So what?

Duplicate listings are not allowed. There is even a specific flagging category named "Item Spam (multiple listings for the exact same item)".

Alwin Alcott wrote:

As soon you can show your MP police badge you can tell people what to do with it.

All users of MP are encouraged by LL to report listings they think are faulty. You don't need a special badge to do that. Then of course, it's up to LL to decide whether the flagging is justified.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Tip for the OP, report the one that flagged your items.

That probably won't do any good. The moment LL unlists an item, they agree that the flagging was justified. Whether they are right or wrong may be up to discussion of course but in any case, it's hardly the reporter's responsibility anymore.

Thanks for your supportive response.

I had first posted a reply such as yours, pointing out the exact products that had multiple listings, with the same title. Other listings were actually duplicated in every way; same title, same image (with same product circled). I revised my response over and over as I found more issues on her store page.

I then decided to NOT post the links, because she did not post under that merchant name so figured I could remove the links and pictures.

So I am I allowed to post links like you did or what?

I do things to help and as efficient as I can, but I get posts removed for doing the same response you just did.

Thanks.

NOTE: I think Gacha images are spam and don't like how they're listed on the MP, but that has nothing to do with someone who needed help, Gacha user or not.

LMAO, how did I miss the comedy gold in that thread before now?!

Also, did 'someone' call 'someone else' a 'retard' (yeah, I know; there were quite a few other insults to people aside from that one) and then post the community guidelines specifically 'Please ensure your future posts on this forum adhere to these guidelines, and keep it civil and inpersonal'?

Well, that's just not civil, now is it?

• Moderators

Grace Itano wrote:

I have had an item on Marketplace for about a week now, it is only the one item for sale in that colour, i have the same item in another colour that is also for sale, but i logged in to have a message saying my item had been marked as Spam for duplicate items.

Why would it have been marked as spam to begin with, was this a linden thing or did someone report my item as spam. i have never encountered this before with any of my sale items and i really do not know what this means and if the item can still even be sold

Thanks for any help on this.

Hello Grace Itano,

Please notify Linden Lab Customer Support by creating a Support Case and choose the Options - Marketplace - Marketplace Listing issue.

Linden Lab Customer Support is the only group that can assist you with resolving the issue.

• Moderators

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Second Life Forums are in no way the appropriate location for calling out other users (links to content that may violate Second Life Policy), or Flaming/Hate Speech (Name Calling).

If you wish to engage in activity of that type, we cordailly invite you to use your own personal forums.

1. ALL users who are able to log into the Second Life Marketplace are encouraged to report Product Listing violations to Linden Lab.  This is why each and every listing on the Marketplace has a 'Flag this item' link available.

2. There are some issues that cannot be reported through the Flag this item option. If you do not see the exact reason why you are trying to report the listing, then chances are, the team that reviews the reports cannot address the issue.

3. Every time a product is unlisted, or removed, from the Second Life Marketplace by Linden Lab an email is sent to the email address on file for your account, if you have that option enabled on the Second Life Marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.